X-Men 3

MaxPower

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Neil Gaiman's online journal:

I spent about 45 minutes a few days ago in the X-Men 3 offices, seeing what they'd planned for the movie, watching animatics of some of the sequences, admiring the concept art. I heard people there muttering about the fact they'd got a movie coming out in May 2006 and they didn't seem to have the budget to make the film they were planning, and how they'd probably be reduced to a pulse-pounding tiddlywinks battle between Magneto and Wolverine in the final sequence -- but they all seemed very committed to the project, while hoping that their budget and time issues could be worked out with the powers that be.

His line about Wolverine and Magneto makes me wonder if their final battle is scripted to be a recreation of X-Men #25.

• 2 weeks later...
From Neil Gaiman's online journal:

I spent about 45 minutes a few days ago in the X-Men 3 offices, seeing what they'd planned for the movie, watching animatics of some of the sequences, admiring the concept art. I heard people there muttering about the fact they'd got a movie coming out in May 2006 and they didn't seem to have the budget to make the film they were planning, and how they'd probably be reduced to a pulse-pounding tiddlywinks battle between Magneto and Wolverine in the final sequence -- but they all seemed very committed to the project, while hoping that their budget and time issues could be worked out with the powers that be.

His line about Wolverine and Magneto makes me wonder if their final battle is scripted to be a recreation of X-Men #25.

Oh, sweet Jesus. Wolverine/Magneto = RATINGS

after begrudgingly seeing FF, no teaser there. Thankfully that is not why I went to see it, i blame my Brew Crew for that.

I'm not one of those people but I know people who go see movies JUST for the alleged teaser or trailer that is supposed to be shown beforehand. So if you are one of these people, don't do it

• 2 weeks later...

More from IGN Filmforce:

August 2, 2005 - BMI reports that actress-singer/songwriter Kate Nauta (the scantily clad villainess in The Transporter 2) is "up for a part in the next X-Men movie, X-Men 3, as a sexy mutant who secretes a special pheromone to seduce men."

Nauta has been linked with the role in the past. This oft-discussed character is based on Stacy X, a character in the comics who was a mutant prostitute.

Another singer also is reportedly up for a role in X3. According to The Calgary Sun, Canadian country singer Beverley Mahood's "TV exposure also helped land her a small part in the next X-Men movie." The role isn't specified.

Finally, the Fox Movie Channel has announced three new series that will explore the filmmaking process and each program will feature a behind-the-scenes look at X3. Those shows are Making a Scene, Casting Session and Above-the-Line Beauty.

Thanks to Comics2Film for the heads-up on all the above!

Mahood = Dazzler perhaps?

Stacy X is a really obscure character to put in the movie.

Well, let's be honest here: to get Halle Berry back, they had to give her more screen time. Halle Berry is one of the single worst actresses on the face of the Earth. She has a nice torso, though. Anything that ups Halle Berry's screen time makes me sad.

Then you have a complete tool like Ratner coming along and going "HEY LETS THROW IN A HOT CHICK WHO CAN ATTRACT ANYONE SHE WANTS OMG BOOBY TITTY TITTY LOL BOOB" and this movie is quickly degenerating into little more than a T and A fest.

I love X-Men and X-Men 2 very much. X-Men 2 is my favorite Marvel comic movie. But X-Men 3 is going to suck all kinds of dick.

Halle Berry is one of the single most worst actresses on the face of this earth? bullshit.

Catwoman was god awful with anybody, Storm has been written into each script so poorly. Neither are her fault, have you seen anything else with her in it? She's good, not the best, but good.