X-Men 3

MaxPower

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone else think her accent in the trailer was just really weird........ God the woman just can not act her way out of a wet paper bag. She was just very lucky to be the only black actress with a movie out the year the Academy decided to make it "token" year..... It irks me that she is known as "academy award winner, Halle Berry".

Side Note: That is not meant to be a racist comment, but commentary on how that year was obviously a political ploy to show the world the US is not a racist nation. When you consider every other male nominee against Denzel was playing a mentally handicaped character, which we all know the academy has a huge hard on for. Added to the fact that Denzels performance was average at best and probably doesn't even rate in his top 5 perfomances.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Finally, the real reason Mathew Vaughn dropped out of X-Men 3.

"What happened with X-Men was I didn't have the time to make the movie that I wanted to make. I had a vision for how it should be, and I wanted to make sure I was making a film as good as X-Men 2, and I knew there was no way it could be. I just suddenly knew it wasn't the right thing for me to do.

"It was a tough decision because it was a hell of an opportunity. But I was trying to make a career as a director, and I didn't want to be the guy accused of making a bad X-Men movie."

Brett Ratner stepped into the breach, and Vaughn was not impressed. "As it happens, I could have made something a hundred times better than the film that was eventually made," he says. "It sounds arrogant, but I could have done something with far more emotion and heart. I'm probably going to be told off for saying that, but I genuinely believe it."

http://www.comics2film.com/index.php?a=story&b=29386