Episode 60

Darque Edge

Good show - I like the idea, and it worked well. With the shorter length though, how come this wasn't a quickie?

Small nitpicky point for you - Gaiman is pronounced gay-man, not gi-man. He once quipped about how he had received a standing ovation at a gay rights occasion he was speaking at, purely for having his name pronounced correctly when he was introduced.

That New X-Men collection sounds awesome.

The only thing that would make me go to the trouble to sell my entire run and re-buy it in the form of the collection would be Joe Quesada's introduction being a written apology on behalf of Marvel Entertainment for throwing out the legacy Morrison left them with in the span of a few months.

Good show - I like the idea, and it worked well.

Thanks. I too like the idea. For the most part, comic book readers are very hesitant to try new books. We mostly stick with what we know (i.e. Batman, X-Men, JLA, Spider-Man, etc.), and very good books suffer. For the most part I won't mention big titles, but sometimes (as I did with Astonishing X-Men #19) I will for various reasons.

An e-mail suggested Jenny should be involved in a small way. I'll still pick the 25 monthlies, one TPB, one hardcover and one miscellaneous item y'all should buy, and Jen will choose at least five of her own. The thought behind it is that, because Jenny isn't a hardcore comic book reader like yours truly, she'll gravitate towards books I might skip over. Though I'll be making a concerted effort to put a focus on non-mainstream titles, my heart is with capes and tights.

With the shorter length though, how come this wasn't a quickie?

The initial idea behind quickies was to present you guys with something even though Jen and I didn't necessarily have a topic. Also, back then I was very anal about the show being at least an hour long. Anything less just didn't seem like a full show. Since then, however, I've dropped the format and no longer worry if an episode is 30, 60 or 180 minutes.

There's a part of me that wishes I could retcon those four shows into regular, numbered episodes, but to do that I'd need reality-altering punching power. (First person to get the reference receives a cookie.)

Small nitpicky point for you - Gaiman is pronounced gay-man, not gi-man. He once quipped about how he had received a standing ovation at a gay rights occasion he was speaking at, purely for having his name pronounced correctly when he was introduced.

For some damn reason I do that all the time; I know it's gay-man, but I mostly say guy-man. It's disrespectful of me to mispronounce it, so I'll make an effort to correct myself from now on.

Another minor complaint:

Instead of saying that these are the items we Must get, say that

these are what you Reccommend we (the listeners) try.

I say this because, I don't make a lot of money and I can't afford paying for something that

is even discounted at $54.

No no. As my faithful followers, I command you to buy these books! MWAHA HA HA HA HA HA HA! :devil:

You're right, of course.