Pans Labyrinth

JackFetch

There are review copies out there. How do you think it got all those rave reviews?

I just finished watching it, and I am still in shock. Very powerfull stuff. First off, the girl playing the lead is great. She looks almost exactly like Natalie Portman in The Professional, and gives off the same vibe. The creatures and effects were very good, and are like the McFarland version of The Lion, the Witch, and the Wardrobe. It was alot more gory than I thought it would be. Don't bring the kids unless you want to give them nightmares.

There are two stories in the movie. One being a war story, and the other being the fantasy story. They actually keep them seperate throughout the movie. It's also pretty long at almost 2 hours. The film is in Spanish, and will be subtitled for those that don't know already. I've got to go to bed so I can get up and go to work, but I'll leave some minor spoiler stuff.

*****Spoilers below*****

The gory stuff I was talking about was stuff like beating a guys face in with a hammer, sawing off limbs, biting heads off creatures, ect. Stuff you don't normally see in a fantasy flick. Btw, it is nothing like Labyrinth or Legend.