If I Ran Marvel, part two: Amazing Spider-Man through Deadpool

RSS

Thanks to an article by Mark Millar, last week I decided to buy Marvel Entertainment and inject my vast creative input. Or I would if I had, like, a billion dollars. Since I can barely afford to pay my bills, I can only use my platform here to speculate as to what I would do if I found a cold, hard billion laying around. In the first part of this article I took a look at Marvel's various imprints; today I'm retooling everything from Amazing Spider-Man through Deadpool.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/articles/if-i-ran-marvel-02

That would be left up to the writers of those particular comics.

However, if I was the writer...

Avengers: Main Roster

Captain America

Black Panther

Spider-Woman

Luke Cage

Madrox

Susan Storm

Colossus

Kitty Pryde

Mystique

Avengers: Reserve

Black Widow

Sentry

Yellow Jacket

Wasp

Wonder Man

Beast

Astonishing X-Men

Cyclops

Emma Frost

Nightcrawler

Havok

Iceman

M

Uncanny X-Men

Storm

Wolverine

Beast

Cannonball

X-23

Marvel Girl

I think that Leonardi's run on both Daredevil and Cloak and Dagger established him as one of the all-time greats.

I have a 4 issue Cloak & Dagger story written and ready to go. I love the addiction aspect of the duo. It's throughout their origin and entrenched in their relationship.

Just to make sure, C&D are a couple... right? They seemed rather romantic during their Runaways appearance and I've heard they were an item, but I'm not 100% sure.

Leonardi's current low profile saddens me greatly. He not only illustrated my favorite issue of Spider-Man (#17 from 1991) and drew the criminally overlooked Green Lantern vs. Aliens, but also co-created Spider-Man 2099. That book would have flopped if not for him. At least that's what I tell myself. :D

Speaking of Daredevil, one day I hope Marvel decides to collect Ann Nocenti's entire 53-issue run.

Just to make sure, C&D are a couple... right? They seemed rather romantic during their Runaways appearance and I've heard they were an item, but I'm not 100% sure.

I don't think they've ever really said. They hug a lot but I chalk that up to her being all emotional and himk being addicted to her power.