Make your own FF

Missy

Just as the title says, there will be Civil War spoilers in this thread. So be warned.

Sue, Johnny and Ben have left, Reed is on the verge of cracking (just you wait) and the world is left without a Fantastic Four. Much like Wolverine, Hulk, Spider-Man and Ghost Rider came together to form the New Fantastic Four (FF 347-349), this thread is dedicated to temporarily replacing the original FF. My team would be:

Beast: Might not be as smart as Reed, but he has a big brain nonetheless. Plus he adds a good amount of humor.

Namor: As a king he has nearly unlimited resources, and could very easily back the team. His strength would come in handy too.

Ant-Man (Scott Lang): His handle on electronics could lead to he and Beast inventing some rather cool contraptions. It helps to have a guy who can change size. (Yeah, he's dead, but so what?)

Hawkeye (Kate Bishop): Nowhere near as skilled as Clint Barton, but she's young and will get better with age. Joining the team will give her immeasurable experience. Her age would also keep the other members from hitting on her, which means she'd be taken seriously.

A reserve member would be Cassie Lang (Stature). Seeing as how she's Scott's daughter and friends with Kate, Cassie would be hanging around anyway. Plus she's a superhero in her own right -- might as well exploit that.

Punisher - The guy has no powers but has gone toe-to-toe with some heavy hitters.

Black Widow (Natasha) - Has got that black-market connection, smart, and flippin deadly

Havok - His uncertainty and lack of confidence could make for good story

Kitty Pryde - humor, attitude

Punisher - The guy has no powers but has gone toe-to-toe with some heavy hitters.

Not to knock your team or nothing, but Punisher isn't much of a team player, and always takes things to the extreme. He is a murderer whether or not you agree that he's right dosen't negate this fact. Plus the kind of action that the FF sees battling Aliens and dictators is a bit out of his league.

• 2 weeks later...

Namor, definately, because of his history with the FF. He would be the "tank" of the group.

Other possibilities include:

She-Hulk - but not if Namor's on the team - with only four members, two tanks would be too much.

Spider-Man, which would be interesting given his friendship with the Torch and that the FF tried to recruit him ages ago.

Crystal or Medusa from the Inhumans, or a newly heroic Quicksilver would be a good fit too. (Quicksilver changes his heel/face alignment more often than Kane and Undertaker turn on each other.)

Spider-Man, which would be interesting given his friendship with the Torch and that the FF tried to recruit him ages ago.

It's actually the other way around: Spidey tried to join because he needed money, but left once they told him they were a nonprofit (or something).

Crystal or Medusa from the Inhumans, or a newly heroic Quicksilver would be a good fit too. (Quicksilver changes his heel/face alignment more often than Kane and Undertaker turn on each other.)

I too almost put an Inhuman on the team, but couldn't decide on which one I wanted.

Quicksilver will be the character to watch within the next 12 months. Mark my words.

The way things are going now, I feel the need to come up with two teams. One would be anti-reg playaz and the other Lawfull playaz.

The House: Hercules. You've seen his conviction following Cap, but they could easily have Cap do something to cause Herc to become disenchanted and seperate from direct Cap-contact. They could even have Cap become distraught and suggest Herc could do something like this, so he can do more good. Herc is a "big" player in CW being one of the anti-reg Generals, so he should have some clout coming on the tail end or just after CW.

The Heart and Soul: Cloak and Dagger. They say teams need something to hold them together and usually when teams are just thrown together in such a fashion they don't have that bond. Bringing in these two would force feed the team a bond.

The Leader: Hawkeye. The "rumor" is he is alive now and just hiding. Whether he comes back as Hawkeye or comes up with something else, he could step up and lead the team. He has the poise to do so, especially with the assembled group. He would fit well in an "on the run" type late/post CW team. If he takes a new identity, the three team members would know who he really was and be able to keep that secret.

Team 2

The House: Sentry. He would do it to honor and at the request of Reed. It would be interesting to watch how he responded to following someone he isn't used to. He's timid enough when he's following his closest friends who are established big-league leaders.

The House-like Brains: Doc Samson... He's smart but not really a leader. He'd be offered the gig, and with Hulk not around (and Reed and Tony not wanting to admit they lost him) he would take the gig.

The Government's Whipping Boy... House: Wonder-Man. The higher-ups tell him to. more blackmail. He begrudgingly does it.

The Leader: Bishop. Again, like an appointed role. Government or whatnot. He is military and experienced. He's the type of personality that the Reg bigwigs would trust and thrust in this role. He has such untapped potential that by giving him a more prominent role as a leader, he could flourish as a character.

Team 1 would read like a team, a unit. Not technically sound, they need practice working together, but they wouldn't have rifts, they all want to be there for the right purpose. Every day would still be a struggle to get through, but they would because they try. Team 2 would offer some comedy (bishop barking strategy and then the other three guys just standing in front letting everything bounce off them before eventually shrugging and then standing out front and absorbing whatever energy comes at him) as well as a foil for the good team chemistry of team 1. Wonder-Man doesn't want to be there. Sentry is lost no matter where he is. Samson is too smart for his own good when it comes to being told to follow someone like Bishop. Tension ensues. Every day is a struggle to get through but they would because a high authority tells them to.

The book I would like to see come out of something like this would tie the two teams not actively against each other but on opposing ground, with constant connections being made in their seperate adventures. The first team wouldn't actually be called the FF (the second team could, assuming with tony and reed's backing).

My FF would be all about the sci-fi and universe spanning adventures:

-Dr. Doom-leader, genius rivaling Richards and a huge power level

-Namor-a history with both the FF and Doom as well as an entire army of Atlanteans backing him make this a perfect choice. He may sit out on the universe-spanning stuff.

-She-Hulk-once a member...

-Silver Surfer-the powerhouse.

Mine all tie into FF continuity and would make for some interesting interactions. some reserves:

-Wyatt Wingfoot-still alive?

-Namor-a history with both the FF and Doom as well as an entire army of Atlanteans backing him make this a perfect choice. He may sit out on the universe-spanning stuff.

Mine all tie into FF continuity and would make for some interesting interactions. some reserves:

Why would Dr. Doom want to play good guy? Man that would be such a wacky team, and would make it a fun read. Could you imagine Doom ordering Namor around? Or the Surfer? Hell when Silver Surfer turns his back on him Doom will try to steal his powers again...

Why would Dr. Doom want to play good guy? Man that would be such a wacky team, and would make it a fun read. Could you imagine Doom ordering Namor around? Or the Surfer? Hell when Silver Surfer turns his back on him Doom will try to steal his powers again...

Doom would have any series of reasons to go good again. He's done it several times and will continue to do so. He's a world ruler with a grudge against Reed Richards more than a world-ruling despot. I'd love to see him and Namor together with Surfer looking at them as if they were both inferior lifeforms. Of course, She-Hulk is there to undercut the pomposity of it all.

• 2 weeks later...

i agree that silver surfer would be a GREAT additon as the power house, just look at his abilities, they're coming out the wazoo...

Power Cosmic granted by the astrogod Galactus enables god-like strength, speed, stamina, agility, and invulnerability to all known diseases and environments, and a heightened level of cosmic awareness enabling the perception of all forms of energy and limited telepathy.

Ability to channel cosmic energy can generate powerful force blasts or rearrange the molecular structure of energy or mass. Manipulation of cosmic energy can be used to heal the wounded or mesmerize others.

Indestructible "surfboard" responds to mental commands and can achieve interstellar travel at greater than light speed.

I'd probably go with an group of characters who are somewhat less godlike than Surfer or Sentry, perhaps with an old-school Avengers feel. I would say that all the members had to have actual abilities though, no norms.

Beast- Brains AND brawn. Plus he's blue, so that saves on uniforms. Hanks pretty much at or above the Hank pym/Reed Richards/ Tony Stark level of intellect, although this might result in less adventures since his experiments might actually go right.

Madrox- Detective, joker, multiple man, Madrox coud relly benefit from a semi-big time gig.

She-Hulk- Sass and brawn, although the property damage involved i. superteams its good to have a lawyer.

Spider-woman (Mattie Franklin)- A chance at redemption after the events in ALIAS. Nice to have another chick on the team as well, especially one who can bring Jonah Jameson into the controvery of public super-heroics.

I'd probably go with an group of characters who are somewhat less godlike than Surfer or Sentry, perhaps with an old-school Avengers feel. I would say that all the members had to have actual abilities though, no norms.

Beast- Brains AND brawn. Plus he's blue, so that saves on uniforms. Hanks pretty much at or above the Hank pym/Reed Richards/ Tony Stark level of intellect, although this might result in less adventures since his experiments might actually go right.

Madrox- Detective, joker, multiple man, Madrox coud relly benefit from a semi-big time gig.

She-Hulk- Sass and brawn, although the property damage involved i. superteams its good to have a lawyer.

Spider-woman (Mattie Franklin)- A chance at redemption after the events in ALIAS. Nice to have another chick on the team as well, especially one who can bring Jonah Jameson into the controvery of public super-heroics.

I like the team. Although I would say that Beast is better than anyone in the Marvel U in the field of genetics. He pales in comparison in other aspects to Richards and Stark.

JJJ has two connections to your FF team: Mattie, obviously, but his son is also married to She-Hulk.

I feel like Spider-Woman doesn't fit and would probably replace her with someone who is a bit more "leader"

Beast is smart and all but he doesn't strike me as leadership stuff, and Madrox is more "boss" than "leader" which would be better used to create tension between him and the leader.

but his son is also married to She-Hulk.

but for how long... Dun Dun DUUUUN

She-Hulk is still one of the books I look forward to the most each ish

Spider-woman (Mattie Franklin)- A chance at redemption after the events in ALIAS. Nice to have another chick on the team as well, especially one who can bring Jonah Jameson into the controversy of public super-heroics.

JJJ has two connections to your FF team: Mattie, obviously, but his son is also married to She-Hulk.

I forgot that! Man that would drive Jonah crazy.

I think She-Hulk could be the joint leader along with Beast. She has the experiance to make a go of it, and definitly the personal authority.

Spider-woman (Mattie Franklin)- A chance at redemption after the events in ALIAS. Nice to have another chick on the team as well, especially one who can bring Jonah Jameson into the controversy of public super-heroics.

Surprisingly... no! JJJ and She-Hulk (last I read) are getting along just fine after deciding to sue Peter Parker.

Surprisingly... no! JJJ and She-Hulk (last I read) are getting along just fine after deciding to sue Peter Parker.

Thats because shes not an active Superhero though right? Put her in a position to potentially corrupt his daughter and it could be very different.

I'll just continue making wild assumptions whilst avoiding her book then. People keep saying its good, is it?

I'm a huge fan of the series. Season one was definately better than season two, though. I'd recommend going back and reading those before starting in with the current issues to develop your comic-taste-buds.

There is tension in the John Jameson/She-Hulk union right now but She-Hulk did calm JJJ down about his son being married to a hero by saying she would help him sue Parker. She plans on dragging the lawsuit out for eternity and never actually taking anything from peter or giving anything to JJJ.