World War Hulk

Missy

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard suggestions (RE: rumors) that WWH will literally end the Marvel Universe as we know it, allowing Marvel to start fresh with either the Ultimate Universe or a new universe altogether.

That sounds more like DC. The thing I like about Marvel is the consistent universe.

I've heard suggestions (RE: rumors) that WWH will literally end the Marvel Universe as we know it, allowing Marvel to start fresh with either the Ultimate Universe or a new universe altogether.

That sounds more like DC. The thing I like about Marvel is the consistent universe.

Yeah the Marvel universe never seems to get to the point where a line wide reboot is needed

• 2 weeks later...

So, lets make this the section where we can actually talk about the current state of WWH... spoilers and everything (see below).

Hulk gave Blackbolt such a beatdown they couldn't even show it. and not even did he trash ironman, but he took down stark tower in the process. i'm really going to enjoy this event.

• 2 weeks later...

I grabbed World War Hulk: X-Men #1 not expecting to like it... but WOW! The fight was spectacular, the story actually progressed, the Hulk is one step closer to becoming the Maestro (which I'm convinced is where Marvel is leading the character) and I'm actually fearful for Xavier. Can't wait for the next issue!

• 3 months later...

Is anybody else as disappointed as I am about this story? It could have been on the level of Age of apocalypse, but most of the books moved on already. The problem with that is that it's not over yet. Everything is back to normal in all the other books as if it never happened. I wanted a Earth shattering story with long term consequences, but this wasn't one.

If you are going to have an event take over your whole universe, then it needs to take over everything until it's over. Spider-Man is held prisoner by Hulk and forced to fight to the death, but in his books he's fine. Half of New York has been demolished also, but no mention of that.

What a let down. Onto the Skrull story now I guess.

That's been my main complaint with the book as well, and really with all of these universe shaping stories. Iron Man is captured by Hulk, in Oklahoma, somewhere talking to Thor, and also in his tower brooding about helping Peter. And dead. Did I mention dead?

We really need some sort of timeline set up so that we know, for example, that this Ultron thing took place the month before WWH, while One More Day is two weeks later, and the New Avengers thing with the Skrulls was two months before. Because now, it's just a bunch of loosely affiliated bullshit.

Marvel didnt want another special event that everything rotated around though, as people complained that there were so many Civil War tie ins to buy. If that hadnt happened then I guess WWH would have been dragged on for longer covering more titles, so that they would then have been able to move slower with the capturing of Heroes and tortue before the grand fighting began meaning alot of different stories to handle through all the tie in titles

I am very, very disappointed with this series. There are so many fucking plot holes, with the biggest one being this: if Reed, Tony and Dr. Strange are really heroes, why are they putting up a fight? Hulk said he would leave the city and everyone else alone if those three men turned themselves over to him. Instead they fought him, leading to massive amounts of destruction.

This event should have been an oversized one-shot.

Despite my disappointment with the series so far, I loved the endings to both WWH 4 and Gamma Corps 3; the former for fanboy reasons, and the latter because I totally didn't see it coming.

I agree that there have been some truly great moments come from this series. Black Bolt getting his ass handed to him, and Hulk getting his neck broken are my favorites so far. The problem is that we know it doesn't make a difference in the scheme of things. The House of M changed the whole universe, and so did Civil War. This was just a random story that would have been better set in an alternate universe. At least then they could have killed off a bunch of people.