Virtual Console downloads

Missy

List the games you've downloaded, the ones you plan on downloading, as well as ones you hope are added down the line.

Downloaded

- Bonk's Adventure

Will download

- Kid Icarus

- Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars

- Super Metroid

Hope they add

- Chrono Trigger

Edited by Yoda

Games I desire to get

Bonk

Kirby Super Star

Still no Wii yet. I still have some enjoyment I plan on getting out of my other systems before I worry about making a purchase like this. But when I do, those are the two games I want right off the bat. By that point, they hopefully will have Kirby game released.

• 3 weeks later...

Truth be told the Classic-con is better for the more complex Genesis games (ie Ecco) and I would assume would be WAY better for SNES games.

That said, added Ice Hockey (beating up Commies is still fun) Dr. Robotnik's Mean Bean Machine (My rivalry with my friend lasts anohter generation) Legend of Zelda (I may actually play through a Zelda game, whoa) and Bomberman '93 (EXPLODER DANGEROUUUUSSSSSSSS)

There is no way I can justify spending money on any of the games released so far, considering how easy they are to find online for free. I wouldn't spend one dollar on Kid Icarus. I have Kid Icarus on my PC right now, along with a shitload of other games that Nintendo are charging for. Maybe if they start getting some games that are hard to even download, I'll actually do it, but it probably won't be until (if) they bring out the heavy weaponry like the Dreamcast shit that I'll seriously buy anything from them.

There is no way I can justify spending money on any of the games released so far, considering how easy they are to find online for free. I wouldn't spend one dollar on Kid Icarus. I have Kid Icarus on my PC right now, along with a shitload of other games that Nintendo are charging for. Maybe if they start getting some games that are hard to even download, I'll actually do it, but it probably won't be until (if) they bring out the heavy weaponry like the Dreamcast shit that I'll seriously buy anything from them.

I still have my Dreamcast so I don't really care about that. I just want all the games like they promised. It's sad that XBox Live Arcade has more classic games available right now.

Nintendo Reveals Virtual Console Christmas Surprise

Nintendo gives us all the gift that keeps on giving: Mario.

by Micah Seff

December 21, 2006 - While not exactly the free Christmas gift that many were hoping for, Nintendo did see fit to spread some holiday cheer today with the announcement that several new Virtual Console games would be made available on Christmas Day. Wii owners with access to a high-speed Internet connection will soon be able to download even more retro-gaming goodness direct from Nintendo.

On Christmas morning, Wii owners will be treated to a surprise visit from Mario himself in the form of Super Mario Bros. for the NES, which can be downloaded for a mere 500 Wii Points. If Mario is not your thing -- although that would make owning a Wii pretty strange -- then there are plenty of other ways to sate your thirst for classic gaming on the Wii. Street Fighter II from the SNES is also slapping its way onto Nintendo's download service for 800 Wii Points. Players looking to vent their Christmas morning frustrations on the legions of the undead can do so with Super Castlevania IV, going for 800 Wii Points. Satisfying the desires of every child of the 90s, SEGA has saw fit to offer up the much-beloved Genesis title, ToeJam & Earl for 800 Wii Points. Finally, R-Type for the TurboGrafx-16 makes its return for 800 Wii Points.

This is the last Virtual Console Monday of 2006. Good thing Nintendo decided to give us all a present in the form of some of our favorite games ever.

Credit to IGNwii http://wii.ign.com/articles/752/752120p1.html

I think I own the Castlevania game, but it's nice to see their not just releasing Nintendo games from the SNES days.

Man, it's going to be a week till I can get any of those damn things since I'm out of town for the rest of the year as of tomorrow.

-Mario

-TJ & E

-Street Fighter 2 (though I may pass because it is JSUT SFII, only 8 characters, and buggy and slow as shit)