Short Circuit remake

JackFetch

From http://www.moviehole.net/news/20061204_no5_is_alive.html

No.5 is Alive!

Moviehole has got word (fairly solid word) that yet another 80s classic is about to get the remake treatment – and I think I just spewed in my mouth a little.

“Shirt Circuit”, John Badham’s 1986 sci-fi comedy/adventure, about a wacky experimental government robot named Johnny 5 who flees the government and ultimately ends up hiding out with a suburban sweetie (Ally Sheedy), is about to get a contemporary do-over.

There have been rumours about some kind of continuation of the franchise for a while now, but this is the first that someone up the food chain has actually acknowledged the buzz. It’s believed some of the original gang – sans Badham – are involved in the remake.

The original film, which starred Guttenberg, Sheedy, Fisher Stevens, G.W Bailey and Tim Blanley as the voice of 'No.5', made over $40 million on its release in 1986.

I'm just waiting for the Splash, Cocoon, and Flight of the Navigator remakes. Then my life will be complete.

From http://www.moviehole.net/news/20061204_no5_is_alive.html

No.5 is Alive!

Moviehole has got word (fairly solid word) that yet another 80s classic is about to get the remake treatment – and I think I just spewed in my mouth a little.

“Shirt Circuit”, John Badham’s 1986 sci-fi comedy/adventure, about a wacky experimental government robot named Johnny 5 who flees the government and ultimately ends up hiding out with a suburban sweetie (Ally Sheedy), is about to get a contemporary do-over.

There have been rumours about some kind of continuation of the franchise for a while now, but this is the first that someone up the food chain has actually acknowledged the buzz. It’s believed some of the original gang – sans Badham – are involved in the remake.

The original film, which starred Guttenberg, Sheedy, Fisher Stevens, G.W Bailey and Tim Blanley as the voice of 'No.5', made over $40 million on its release in 1986.

I'm just waiting for the Splash, Cocoon, and Flight of the Navigator remakes. Then my life will be complete.

Dude. What about Big, The Goonies, and Red Dawn?

Don't forget about them. ;)

Dude. What about Big, The Goonies, and Red Dawn?

Don't forget about them. ;)

Goonies 2 video game for NES will forever fill my Goonies need.

Short Circuit wasn't really good enough cinema for me to care if they ruin it or not. If the remake is a good movie on its own, good for them, if it isn't, then shame on them.

*Batteries Not Included, that was cinema

Back when I was a kidn the thing I used to make more than any other out of Meccano was Johnny 5. Me and my brother used to compete to make the best one, even getting to the point of motorising the movements on later models.

Best moment of the series was in Short Circuit 2, when "I need a hero" comes on as Johnny chases the boat. It worked at the end of Shrek 2 and it worked back then too. Awesome moment.