New DS in 2007?

Missy

From Gizmodo.com:

Nintendo Planning to Update DS' Twins

Our multilingual brothers at Kotaku have discovered some interesting news via a French gaming magazine. Apparently big N is working on yet another DS hardware update, this time upgrading its dual screens from 3 inches to the vicinity of 3.5-or 3.8-inches. I can see why Nintendo released the DS Lite (the original DS was a porker) and I can see the need for bigger screens, but uh, Nintendo, could you please release one handheld with all these upgrades instead of teasing us with multiple hardware upgrades? – Louis Ramirez

Nintendo, could you please release one handheld with all these upgrades instead of teasing us with multiple hardware upgrades? – Louis Ramirez

That would be stupid, since this way, people can and will buy the same system at least three times over.

It's hilarious to me that anyone finds this surprising. They only did it with the Game Boy about 475,328,975,328 times, and people ate that shit up too.

The DS Lite has a longer battery life than the original DS, it's also smaller and brighter. When it comes to handhelds, Nintendo knows how to cram a lot into small packages. So I wouldn't worry about the size of the unit increasing or the life of the battery decreasing.