2 new suggestions

Bento

Was a little inspired this morning and thought of 2 suggestions for the community. Don't know if this first one will work but...

1) Start a trading system. Just between the community. Like the stuff you can't sell on Ebay, maybe one of us would want it then we would just straight up trade. If the items are of somewhat equal value and same shipping cost just trade and that's it. Of course lopsided shipping costs would be reimbursed. We just work together... honor system like. For example...

I have Issues 1-36 of the X-Men vol. 2 with all and multiples of the #1 covers (Jim Lee). Which I do have and would like to trade.

So I post that and if someone wants it offer me a trade you feel is appropriate and work from there. Obviously the details of this idea can be worked out later. No sense getting into it when everyone is like... "fuck that."

2) With the previews out for the new year... why don't we start a comic book club. We can post a list of a bunch of first issues and we vote on 1 book that we all, as a community, would read. We would then stick with it for the first arc and talk about it each issue. If it's good, we'd stick with it and if not we drop it. I think it would be fun.

Anyways, just thought I'd throw those out there.

1) Start a trading system. Just between the community. Like the stuff you can't sell on Ebay, maybe one of us would want it then we would just straight up trade. If the items are of somewhat equal value and same shipping cost just trade and that's it. Of course lopsided shipping costs would be reimbursed. We just work together... honor system like. For example...

I have Issues 1-36 of the X-Men vol. 2 with all and multiples of the #1 covers (Jim Lee). Which I do have and would like to trade.

So I post that and if someone wants it offer me a trade you feel is appropriate and work from there. Obviously the details of this idea can be worked out later. No sense getting into it when everyone is like... "fuck that."

This has been tried... twice. And both times no one was interested. There used to be a section called The Trading Post (or something like that) and no one, save myself, posted items for sale / trade. If you wish, you can post something you have for sale / trade in the Banter section as a sort of test; if I see enough of those threads popping up, I might eventually (re)create a whole "for sale" / "for trade" / Trading Post section.

2) With the previews out for the new year... why don't we start a comic book club. We can post a list of a bunch of first issues and we vote on 1 book that we all, as a community, would read. We would then stick with it for the first arc and talk about it each issue. If it's good, we'd stick with it and if not we drop it. I think it would be fun.

Sounds like fun! If enough people join in I could see the "conversation" being posted on the mainpage as well. Before we move ahead, however, let's see what the general interest level is.

This has been tried... twice. And both times no one was interested. There used to be a section called The Trading Post (or something like that) and no one, save myself, posted items for sale / trade. If you wish, you can post something you have for sale / trade in the Banter section as a sort of test; if I see enough of those threads popping up, I might eventually (re)create a whole "for sale" / "for trade" / Trading Post section.

Sounds like fun! If enough people join in I could see the "conversation" being posted on the mainpage as well. Before we move ahead, however, let's see what the general interest level is.

Sounds good. I'm already putting together an informal list.

The comic club sounds like a good idea. My only question is will it only be centered around new books, or could someone suggest old ones as well?

New, old, whatever... as long as we stick with it for an arc (unless issue 1/2 really sucks).