Get Smart the movie

JackFetch

Steve Carrel as Maxwell Smart

Anne Hathaway as Agent 99

The Rock as Agent 23

Terence Stamp as "The Evil Leader"

Me = grinning from ear to ear

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson and Terence Stamp are set to join Steve Carell and Anne Hathaway in "Get Smart."

Shooting begins next month on the Peter Segal-directed comedy for Warner Bros. and Village Roadshow Pictures.

While the comedy is based on the 1965 Mel Brooks/Buck Henry-created sitcom, the Rock will play the newly created character Agent 23. Stamp will play an evil leader.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111795751...egoryid=13&cs=1

I asked somebody why they couldn't make this a movie just the other day. I had no idea it was being made.

Man, I am excited for this.

I remember hearing that Carrel had signed on for it after Anchorman came out.

Now, if we could just get the original series out on DVD without having to contact those Time/Life people.

for real! I saw an ad for it and my heart exploded and dropped all at once. My sister and I worshipped this show as a kid. It was probably the top live action (puppets/muppets not counting as live action) show for us in our growing years.

I am a little worried, though. They tried to remake it a while back and it was all very atrocious.

• 6 months later...

Looks good.

getsmartsetprevieweb9.jpg

Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson, Terry Crews, Alan Arkin, Terrence Stamp, David Koechner, and Anne Hathaway as Agent 99 give the flick a boost of star power. With the update of the show comes a few new characters; The Rock plays Agent 23, "Heroes" star Masi Oka and Nate Torrence play jokesters Bruce and Lloyd – which coincidentally, those two are already the subject of a direct-to-DVD spin-off called "Get Bruce and Lloyd," with some of the feature cast having cameos.

This version of Get Smart is an origin story – it tells of how Max went from being a very good analyst to becoming that agent everyone grew up knowing. But how did Max get to the 86 status? CHAOS destroyed most of CONTROL's main headquarters taking out a lot of the field agents – lucky enough for Max, he was quickly promoted.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...