Ghostbusters

JackFetch

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/31247

If that's not real, I want to know how it was made. That is the coolest looking game I have ever seen.

From Gamespot:

Today, the company updated its Web site and confirmed that the footage was indeed real, was not a mod of another game, was in-game footage, and was running on the Xbox 360. However, the game is merely a prototype and development has "hit a bump on the road."

That "bump" is apparently copyright issues with the Ghostbusters name. A post on ZootFly's Web site says, "Everybody here at Zootfly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP." If ZootFly can manage to resolve the IP issues, development on the game will continue.

From zootfly.com

We are very glad to see the overwhelming response to the Ghostbusters prototype movies. What you’ve seen is indeed in-game footage of early prototypes on the Xbox 360, running on ZootFly’s proprietary engine. Due to licensing issues, further development of the Ghostbusters game hit a bump on the road, but everybody here at ZootFly is working actively on resolving the challenges with the owners of the Ghostbusters IP.

Not to lose the momentum, a part of the ZootFly team is currently working on an original game called TimeO, which is closely related to Ghostbusters. The game follows the adventures of two die-hard New Yorkers. They get trapped deep in the shadow world of a parallel New York. The city itself is a war machine threatening to wipe out our world and they have three days to stop it.

As soon as the Ghostbusters IP issue is resolved, the whole team will go back to Ghostbusters. In the meantime, please enjoy these two movies.

So, was it all a publicity stunt to get the public interested in their company to sell this TimeO game?

It reminds me of a couple years ago when that guy made the batman/alien/predator short that everyone fell in love with. I think this is basically their demo to spark interest in both themselves and the game. It could be good though, cuz I would love a Ghostbusters game and this may spark market interest. I loved the old ones (even though the second wasn't a very good game).

Hate to say this but, it's probably never going to be done. They are having serious problems with licensing and when was the last time Zootfly actually released a game?

I never expected it to actually happen. But we are fanboys, this is what we do. Let us dream, man!

I live in a nerd-based hypothetical realm.

Hate to say this but, it's probably never going to be done. They are having serious problems with licensing and when was the last time Zootfly actually released a game?

I never expected it to actually happen. But we are fanboys, this is what we do. Let us dream, man!

I live in a nerd-based hypothetical realm.

haha true, true =)

Now that the buzz is all over the internet, there is a possibility of it happening. Of course there is also the possibility that whoever does own the rights will decide to make a crappy game instead just because now they know it will sell.

I have to agree with this sentiment. They might as well port it over to the Phantom while they're at it.

I just don't understand how the "Original Ghostbusters" cartoon had a talking ape and other shit that didn't jive with the movie. Like, where did the ape come from? By original did they mean completely different from the movie or the idea before the movie?

I just don't understand how the "Original Ghostbusters" cartoon had a talking ape and other shit that didn't jive with the movie. Like, where did the ape come from? By original did they mean completely different from the movie or the idea before the movie?

A live-action (British?) TV show called Ghost Busters predates the movie by almost a decade. It's that show which the Filmation GB cartoon is based on. So the name "Original Ghostbusters" is quite accurate.

I actually had to look up the liscensing issues once for this a couple years back. the Ape show had nothing to do with the movies. But the ape show is why the cartoon that did jive with the movies was called the REAL ghostbusters.

• 2 weeks later...