Ronin

Spider-Man

Spider-Woman

Wolverine

The two biggest surprises, thus far, are:

01. Echo is no longer Ronin.

02. Luke Cage will lead the team! :w00t:

Best part about this roster: the Heroes for Hire have gone legit! :w00t: :w00t:

EDIT: That's the complete list of the new New Avengers, people!

Edited by Yoda

So far the team will be comprised of:

Doctor Strange

Echo

Iron Fist

Luke Cage

Ronin

Spider-Woman

Wolverine

Expect one more member to be announced tomorrow.

The two biggest surprises, thus far, are:

01. Echo is no longer Ronin.

02. Luke Cage will lead the team! :w00t:

Best part about this roster: the Heroes for Hire have gone legit! :w00t: :w00t:

It makes sense that Luke Cage will be the team leader. Bendis has done a great job making him into a major player in the marvel U and now we will all get to see him strut his stuff. :D

So the question remains: who is the new Ronin?

From Newsarama:

It’s someone with a long history in the Marvel Universe. There are quite a few people it could be, and it’s not necessarily the person you immediately go to, but it’s someone I have an affection for who also has a history of donning a guise that best suits his or her mental tone. And this is his or her mental tone right now. And it just so happens there is a costume that needs filling and a person who can fill it, and so it’s taken.

My first guess is Captain America, and though I'm sticking with it, it seems a bit too obvious. However, it could be Tony Stark. Who's to say the Iron Man in Mighty Avengers is Tony? Hmm...

So the question remains: who is the new Ronin?

From Newsarama:

It’s someone with a long history in the Marvel Universe. There are quite a few people it could be, and it’s not necessarily the person you immediately go to, but it’s someone I have an affection for who also has a history of donning a guise that best suits his or her mental tone. And this is his or her mental tone right now. And it just so happens there is a costume that needs filling and a person who can fill it, and so it’s taken.

My first guess is Captain America, and though I'm sticking with it, it seems a bit too obvious. However, it could be Tony Stark. Who's to say the Iron Man in Mighty Avengers is Tony? Hmm...

Another temp masked Identity for cap? I think they learned their lesson from Nomad. Can't be Tony either, it screws up a heck of a lot of interesting character development if the current Tony isn't real. Worse than the whole "Hal Jordon didn't do it Parralax did" storyline.

I thought is was Caps Avengers and Iron Mans Avengers. If this is the rogue Avengers then where is Spidey? Methinks the end of Civil War isn't going to be a simple as we might have thought. I'd be dissapointed if Spidey isn't on either Avengers roster since I think he really excels in a team environment. Spideys at his most fun when relating to other costumed heroes.

Can't be Tony either, it screws up a heck of a lot of interesting character development if the current Tony isn't real. Worse than the whole "Hal Jordon didn't do it Parralax did" storyline.

I'm not saying the current Tony isn't real or under someone's influence; I'm saying he does something to piss the government off and needs to hide.

Am I the only one bored by the line-up?

I love Dr. Strange and Cage has been alright lately but Echo is the most boring new Marvel character since....well...Darkhawk.

Bendis is filling this team to feed his fetish for the street level heroes. I'll give it one issue but it loks like Mighty Avengers holds the readership for me.

Bendis is filling this team to feed his fetish for the street level heroes.

If what you said about Bendis was true, then why is he stuffing Mighty Avengers with gods and flying powerhouses? He's clearly building each team to fill different rolls: the Mighty Avengers will solve all of the global, intergalactic and god issues, while the New Avengers will deal with street-level crime / villains. (I presume Strange is there "just in case" they have to deal with something mystic and / or alien.) This has nothing to do with a "fetish" (as you put it), and everything to do with smart writing.

I just want to see Avengers stop guys from dropping buildings on people and this line-up just seems like they would be destroyed by the Wrecking Crew until, of course, Strange casts a spell to save them all. I would prefer two equally balanced teams. What happens when the two have to face off? New Avengers get obliterated, that's what. Half the Mighty Avengers team is cast with heroes who could beat the New Avengers by themselves.

That's the thing, though: this team is meant to be the underdogs. If they were equal in power to the Mighty Avengers, battles would be boring. When the New Avengers overcome their Mighty counterparts, it will mean something.

Also consider that Ares and Sentry are the only ones with massive amounts of power. Everyone else, including Sentry, is human, and therefore susceptible to fatigue (or, in the case of Iron Man, breakage). They have weaknesses which the New Avengers can exploit.

new avengers is totally holding my interest. the lineup shows pretty much the same dynamic that the old New Avengers had and I loved it then. And yes, Spidey does work best with other heroes around. I love Spidey but I've never been able to get into his solo books because it loses that dynamic.

new avengers is totally holding my interest. the lineup shows pretty much the same dynamic that the old New Avengers had and I loved it then. And yes, Spidey does work best with other heroes around. I love Spidey but I've never been able to get into his solo books because it loses that dynamic.

Agreed... 100%. A Spidey / Cap miniseries would be so damn funny for all of the obvious reasons!

I hate Spidey usually and Nw Avengers is the only place I can handle him. The only way I really see New Avengers working in this capacity is as a team of terrorist busters. They could go after Hydra (probably the first order of business), AIM and Secret Empire (if they still exist). I assume that they will be in the employ of Nick Fury once he returns. I would hope so anyway. I will give this a try and eat crow if I need to. I'll even write it up for the site.