Reel Dread - Moronic / Iconic, Part One: Tell Me Why I Don't Like Fridays

RSS

In the first of a series of articles examining the modern horror icon, I plan on looking at their evolution from their meager beginnings to their iconic status and, more importantly, what went wrong. The sad part about it all is that most of these characters are spawned from movies that are really quite good. I hope to uncover what it is that dilutes them. There is no better place to start than the granddaddy of them all: the hockey mask-wearing, machete-swinging, unstoppable force of nature that is Jason Voorhees.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/reddick/reel-dread-17

Great stuff! I loved your description of Jason X. Made me chuckle. :laugh:

I loved Freddy VS. Jason. I've made no secret of that fact. It was a fun mindless action/horror/comedy flick and worth whatever I paid for admission.

Thanks James! Jason X was a different class of trash but FvJ was fun. I still think we expect too little out of those two characters in particular. I'll be covering Freddy in the next installment.

I agree with James, this was great. I can't wait to read you synopsis on Freddy.

Thanks cvskin!

Freddy might be a little less linear (maybe a little shorter). It is doubtful for next week but it will be very soon.

Your writing is really great and always provides good reading. It's inspiring me to get off my ass and finish my retrospect on EC comics.

I agree with James, this was great. I can't wait to read you synopsis on Freddy.

Thanks cvskin!

Freddy might be a little less linear (maybe a little shorter). It is doubtful for next week but it will be very soon.

Your writing is really great and always provides good reading. It's inspiring me to get off my ass and finish my retrospect on EC comics.

I'd be totally interested in reading that! I love that old EC stuff. If I had some FU money I'd be buying those archives but, alas, I do not.

Thanks again for the comments and don't be a stranger. I need all the criticism I can get...especially the good kind ;)