Episode 83

RSS

I'm honestly not certain how one should respond when you win a category and the two hosts simply laugh!!! :D

Nice to have won a couple - I wish I was more regular but in a few weeks when my coursework is done, I'll be much more able to resume active duty. I even have designs on writing articles in my capacity as CBM correspondent. Oh, and yes, my voice is awesome! :P

I think I wouldn't have won the second one if D-Dubs had done another 1 episode of C3 - that segment had so much more content than Comic Reel-ief. Congrats to everyone else who won.

Btw, what programme do you use to have audio conversations across the net? I've heard this and then an Oratory podcast today and I'm fascinated!

I'm honestly not certain how one should respond when you win a category and the two hosts simply laugh!!! :D

While I can't speak for James, I was laughing because one of your awards came from your Superman Returns review -- which I loved.

Btw, what programme do you use to have audio conversations across the net? I've heard this and then an Oratory podcast today and I'm fascinated!

We used Skype to conduct the conversation and I used Hot Recorder to record the conversation.

There were two problems with the audio in this episode. First, I was facing a wall when recording my solo segments, thus causing a slight echo. And then during the awards portion of The Show, the audio fell slightly out of sync. Sorry about that.

Listening through. Will edit as I go

-Genshiken is pronounced the way Mike did.

-Genshiken is set for 8 mangas (though there is more apperentely planned) 7 of which are out (8th comes out in a month or so.)

-Mortal Kombat: Defenders of the Realm which was a 1-hour show on the USA network if memory serves, I didn't really like it

-Looking very forward to the Street Fighter review James

-Thanks for that rub on (D)Evolution to Otaku, it was kind of hard writing it because it was something of a nostalgia piece (I wrote it in one shot at the (empty) arcade I was wroking at the day before I moved out of my parents' house)

-It's True, I'm scared to go up against Symphony & AniMetallica

-Of Wolf & Man? WOLF'S RAIN!!!!!!

-PLEASE do all robot/mecha as a show, I can throw my Gundam SEED review there when it's ready

-Mike, throw up the humble pie & take a bow, you're here every week doing how many shows? And you have been doing this ALL YEAR.

-Great show guys, soon you will see me wearing homemade medals in my sig soon.

-PLEASE do all robot/mecha as a show, I can throw my Gundam SEED review there when it's ready

If we do an all-robot / mech episode, my guess is that Jen and I will focus on The Iron Giant, allowing others to talk about anime, cartoons, video games, comics, movies from the 1950s, etc. We'll do another "all-" episode soon, before 100 I think, but I'm not committed to a topic yet.

-Mike, throw up the humble pie & take a bow, you're here every week doing how many shows?

When it comes to The Show, yes, I've been in, edited and produced every episode. That's true. But when it comes to writing for the site, it disappoints me that I don't contribute more. That's what I was referring to.

Mike,

Your contributor of the year award was well deserved. It's why I voted for you. Forget the site, the podcast and If I Ran Marvel do it by itself.

Kellen calling my work ethic Chris Benoit-like is worth it all. The Canadian Crippler was a hero growing up.

Congrats everybody!

Your contributor of the year award was well deserved. It's why I voted for you. Forget the site, the podcast and If I Ran Marvel do it by itself.

Thanks. :blush:

Kellen calling my work ethic Chris Benoit-like is worth it all. The Canadian Crippler was a hero growing up.

I think that was James.

Thanks. :blush:

I think that was James.

Shit! Sorry James. I thought he mentioned Kellen's name before that and I was listening at work. I was developing curriculum and fending off boring conversation from colleagues at the same time.