Better Role: Ted or Neo?

Missy

Which was the better role?  

12 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

as much as it pains me to say since I don't like any of the three matrix movies, Neo was better for Keanu. I think more highly of Keanu than most people and as fun as "Bill and Ted's..." was for us I feel like only someone like a Walken to truly pull off a role that exists as "act poorly." With the right direction Keanu can be a good actor (i.e., good performances in Hard Ball, Replacements). The first Matrix is very much a what-could-of-been movie for me, including Keanu performance-wise.

That and it made him a huge star

Seeing as there is no difference in the way he portrayed the characters I'll go with Ted because at least that movie had a decent sequel.

Keanu plays the same character in Point Break, B&T, Matrix and even Dracula. Of all the big star actors, he has to be the worst.

His performances in order of greatness:

Speed>>>>>>B&T>Matrix

Bill & Ted *barely* over The Matrix films. Mainly because the role of Neo was limited in its acting demands whereas Ted saw Reeves do comedy successfully - in that he isn't really an actor, that's quite a feat.

Of course, and I'm sure Chris will agree with me on this one, Keanu Reeves was best in the film 'Constantine'!!!!!!

*runs scared*

See, I'm leaning towards Ted because it put him on the map. But Neo made him a star. So torn.

I think his character from Speed was the one that made him a star, not neccisarily the Matrix movies.

Excellent point, cvskin my friend!

See, I'm leaning towards Ted because it put him on the map. But Neo made him a star. So torn.

I think his character from Speed was the one that made him a star, not neccisarily the Matrix movies.

Actually if you ask the man himself, he will tell you that he was already a start before Speed. I don't have a source, but I remember in a interview the reporter said something like "So Speed has definitely made you and Sandra bona fide stars". To which he replied "lets get this straight, I was already a star before Speed".

For what its worth, I think he is right (as arrogant as he makes it sound). Johnny Utah made him a star.

Punk. Quarterback Punk.

Actually if you ask the man himself, he will tell you that he was already a start before Speed. I don't have a source, but I remember in a interview the reporter said something like "So Speed has definitely made you and Sandra bona fide stars". To which he replied "lets get this straight, I was already a star before Speed".

For what its worth, I think he is right (as arrogant as he makes it sound). Johnny Utah made him a star.

Punk. Quarterback Punk.

See, when I look at the movies he did between Point Break and Speed, there's aurguably only one big time movie out of the six he did, Dracula. However inbetween Speed and the first Matrix movies I'd aurgue that atleast 4 out of the 6 could be considered big time movies.