Captain America #25 SPOILER

Missy

I caught one of the re-airs of Colbert and have to say I really wish more promotions like that happened. It would be so good for comics. If you didn't catch it,

at the very end of the episode Colbert read a letter from Joe Q stating that Steve Roger's Will pronounced that Colbert receives the Shield since Colbert is the only other person American enough to deserve it. The letter was entertaining, Colbert made quips afterwards about picking up chicks and Wakanda and

a good time was had by all.

If comics can regularly do just little things like this, the characters and the universes will immerse themselves into the minds of the common public.

I don't like the idea of Frank as the new Cap, mostly because he's been so successfully removed from the superhero world with the MAX series. The Punisher's no fun when he's integrated into the mainstream Marvel universe. I hated him in Civil War, because it wasn't the same character I follow in his own title month-to-month.

I caught one of the re-airs of Colbert and have to say I really wish more promotions like that happened. It would be so good for comics. If you didn't catch it,

at the very end of the episode Colbert read a letter from Joe Q stating that Steve Roger's Will pronounced that Colbert receives the Shield since Colbert is the only other person American enough to deserve it. The letter was entertaining, Colbert made quips afterwards about picking up chicks and Wakanda and

a good time was had by all.

If comics can regularly do just little things like this, the characters and the universes will immerse themselves into the minds of the common public.

I have GOT to see that. :w00t:

Marvel has confirmed that Carol was lying to Jessica. But, in my mind, it's because Carol and Jessica used to be close, but Civil War tore them apart. I believe Carol lied to her friend to get her to register. The longer Jes stays unregistered, the greater the chances are that SHIELD will capture, hurt or kill her -- and Carol does not want that. Hell, Carol told Jessica to be safe before Spider-Woman flew off.

However, in New Avengers #28

Tony used Carol's lie to set a trap for the New / Secret Avengers. If you watch Carol's reaction when the rebellious team is caught, she's upset with her role in it. She was trying to protect her friend, but Tony used it to his advantage.

Spider-Woman is just about one of the most compelling characters in the Marvel Universe right now if you really focus on what is making her tick and what she's gone through and how many different sides she is working/looking at things. Keep in mind that she has been set up to be a big player when Fury comes back, too. New Avengers was the best CW tie-in, as far as I'm concerned, and her story was part of the reason why.

This is just something to tuck away until the day...

That costume is like something from the Amalgum universe, or the Batman/Green Lantern costume. Fun in concept, but actual execution is totally impractical. People are just going to ask why the Punisher is covered in stars.

They should have just gone with a tweaked costume, maybe darker, but one that leaves the identity of the new cap a mystery to the other characters. He's still more Punisher than Cap right now and the two personas are not compatible. Yes the new Cap can do all the violent thing Punicher did, but if anyone knows its the Punisher then the whole costume change becomes pointless.

This is the cover to Captain America #27:

Cap_27.jpg

However, the preview copy reads:

Part 3 of the senses-shattering "Death of a Dream" storyline continues the follow-up to Cap's side of the story from Civil War that you can only find here in Captain America -- and all we can tell you right now is, nothing is what it seems! Not even this cover!

And here's Punisher War Journal #8:

PWJ_8.jpg

It's part 3 of “Blood and Sand,” with the heart of the American dream at stake. Somewhere in the heart of the Sonoran desert, halfway between the United States and Mexico, the Hate-Monger and his infamous hostage go one-on-one. Meanwhile, G.W. Bridge goes rogue… Stuart Clarke investigates how the National Force gets its information and who's helping them get it… and Frank Castle unveils his astonishing plan.

It's part 3 of “Blood and Sand,” with the heart of the American dream at stake. Somewhere in the heart of the Sonoran desert, halfway between the United States and Mexico, the Hate-Monger and his infamous hostage go one-on-one. Meanwhile, G.W. Bridge goes rogue… Stuart Clarke investigates how the National Force gets its information and who's helping them get it… and Frank Castle unveils his astonishing plan.

I didn't know there was a "halfway between the United States and Mexico." I always thought they were adjacent. Damn my poor geography skills.

God, Captain Punisher looks stupid. So far everything points to the impact of this simply being a costume change for the Punisher. I want substance.

Fantasy: Bucky kicking Frank's ass for wearing the stupid costume.

• 2 weeks later...
Absolutely! It's so 90s it hurts!

God, Captain Punisher looks stupid.

My biggest problem with the costume is that it is far too much "fantasy" and not nearly realistic enough. The Punisher should not be carrying a gun that is bigger than he is. That's not the Punisher, that is Cable. The Punisher should carry a gun that exists in real life, like an M-16, AK-47, or a .357 Magnum.

To the creators' defense, it's been explained that his new weapons are stolen SHIELD "tech and equipment" and are "made of some kinda polymer" that are "light like plastic." Plus you have to consider that he's using these super weapons to take down freaks like Rhino, not street-corner thugs. So, yeah, it would be better if he was holding realistic guns, but:

01. They've explained away the weapons.

02. And he needs them to stop the super criminals he's going after.

• 2 weeks later...
To the creators' defense, it's been explained that his new weapons are stolen SHIELD "tech and equipment" and are "made of some kinda polymer" that are "light like plastic."

I think Punisher works best when fighting street level criminals or super-criminals who can be killed by "real world" weapons. Just my opinion, but if Punisher is going to be put into the super-hero universe, he should be a bad guy. The super heroes will try to take him down because he is killing people.