Episode 94

RSS

From the preview, I thought my seg had been edited down so as not to include TMNT due to the content of the all Turtles episode. I'm pleasantly surprised! :)

This was my kind of show - one that focuses on something I know and has a good debate about its merits and negatives. Given that I'm doing a Turtles seg and then Spiderman comes out, I may leave my 300 review until around the time of the DVD release as I did for Superman Returns (didn't that get loving praise from all of us this episode?!?!?)

I dont get the criticisms that Jenny stated about the film having no plot and too much action,when the previews pretty much told you what it was about. My wife didnt really care for it either and she also doesnt like superhero comics as well. I think this movie gave you what it said it would give you which was great action,beautiful scenery,and fast pace story. Why cant some movies just be that. I like a variety of genres in films and I think the industry has room for all of that.

CRAP! I just noticed that! Well, dutiful listeners will get a freebie. :laugh: To Ian's credit, his segment was submitted to me in March.

Oh, Ian, here are a few corrections: Ghost Rider / Johnny Blaze first appeared in 1972 (Marvel Spotlight #5), and Roxy wasn't created for the film. She's been around since the very first issue of Ghost Rider, so 1973. Don't worry about it, though. Until recently, I too thought she was created for the movie.

And here's an odd bit of Ghost Rider trivia: Roxy is both Blaze's lover... and stepsister!

CRAP! I just noticed that! Well, dutiful listeners will get a freebie. :laugh: To Ian's credit, his segment was submitted to me in March.

Oh, Ian, here are a few corrections: Ghost Rider / Johnny Blaze first appeared in 1972 (Marvel Spotlight #5), and Roxy wasn't created for the film. She's been around since the very first issue of Ghost Rider, so 1973. Don't worry about it, though. Until recently, I too thought she was created for the movie.

And here's an odd bit of Ghost Rider trivia: Roxy is both Blaze's lover... and stepsister!

a) .......what? What did I do? I had a joke at Kellen's expense and he goes uber-critical all of a sudden?!?!??!

b) It's time for me to leave the Facebook group "If they say it on wikipedia, it must be true...."

EDIT: I have a feeling I know what it was (the middle third, yes?). In which case, yes, I had recorded this and sent it off before I knew of such future plans. Ah well - perhaps we can role reverse this time rather than me going "well, Yoda & Jenny thought this" :)

No, I may have been mildly irked by you totally screwing about my part of the shows name (seriously, what do you got against me, the Queens on my money too.) it was *cough* you know, what Yoda has or has not been mentioning.

Maybe I'm wrong, but I though Ian butchering the name of your segment was a joke.

So did I. I take everything way too seriously. You did hear my ray-gun response in the Gundam SEED review did you not?

You see, I take *nothing* seriously!!! :happy:

And it's been pointed out to me what the source of contention is. It's pretty damn hilarious, all things considered!!!

Hears an answer to your trailer question:

The term for an "R rated trailer" is the Red Band trailer and it can only be shown before an R rated film.

I got this from the Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back dvd. :angel:

Clerks 2 had a red band trailer that they put up on Youtube. That was the first time I had heard it called that.