Spider-Man 4

Missy

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051

this argument is gonna make my head explode lol

can't we just leave it people like what they like and others like what they like lol

EDIT: Hey Mike can we get an exploding head smiley???? LMAO

One More Day must have made your head explode.

I didn't read it, I haven't read a Spider-Man comic for a long time now. I've been done with Marvel for a while too.

Leaving out Peter's engineering skills, another bad change.

You mean his ability to come up with web fluid and a web shooter at the age of fifteen?

Best go back and read up on some of those Essentials. Regardless of what Raimi's Spider-Man wants you to believe, that fake. Parker is smart, not just in the field of phyiscial sciences, he's smart.

It's not that. It's that I feel like having a circular argument with you has degenerated into:

Me: They're not that bad.

You: Yes, they are.

Me: You're nit picking.

You: They should follow the comic to the letter!

Me: Somethings just don't work in film.

You: Nuh-uh!

Me: Uh-huh!

...Etc.

Guest DCAUFan1051

LOL Preston

Feral if you think you can do better at making a GREAT ACCURATE comic book then MARVEL a company who has been making comics since the 30's then lets see it.

You complain about everything that anyone has done with a comic book film. Yes they use the comics as a jumping off point but they have to put their own feelings on it. I loved the X-Men Films and Jackman as Wolverine was spot on. I'm GLAD they didn't use the yellow spandex they even pay tribute to it in the first movie when cyclops says what'd u expect blue and yellow spandex.

Come dude you gotta give some sort of positive on some of the aspects of the current comicfilms that we have these days.

While I admit there are some bad parts to any and all of the Comicfilms we have these days it aint all bad.

One More Day must have made your head explode.

I didn't read it, I haven't read a Spider-Man comic for a long time now. I've been done with Marvel for a while too.

Leaving out Peter's engineering skills, another bad change.

You mean his ability to come up with web fluid and a web shooter at the age of fifteen?

Best go back and read up on some of those Essentials. Regardless of what Raimi's Spider-Man wants you to believe, that fake. Parker is smart, not just in the field of phyiscial sciences, he's smart.

I'm a big Spider-Man fan. I love his Silver Age stories the most and own various Masterworks and Essentials. I don't need the Spider-Man movies to tell me anything. What I was trying to illustrate was that what works in the comics would not work for a mainstream audience.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm a big Spider-Man fan. I love his Silver Age stories the most and own various Masterworks and Essentials. What I was trying to illustrate was that what works in the comics would not work for a mainstream audience

exactly not all the people going to see these films are comic book Geeks!

One of my favorite retcons ever was from John Byrne's Chapter One, where Peter had coincidentally invented his webshooters years BEFORE he was bitten by the spider. I always wondered how that conversation went.

"I sure would love to spread glue all over that wall over there, but I don't want to get off the couch. It's just too far away for me to do it. What I need is some sort of device that will allow me to shoot an epoxy from this side of the room all the way over to that wall. And if that could be in some sort of net, or, say, spider web form, so much the better."

The comics are perfectly capable of screwing up the stories all on their own.

LOL Preston

Feral if you think you can do better at making a GREAT ACCURATE comic book then MARVEL a company who has been making comics since the 30's then lets see it.

You complain about everything that anyone has done with a comic book film. Yes they use the comics as a jumping off point but they have to put their own feelings on it. I loved the X-Men Films and Jackman as Wolverine was spot on. I'm GLAD they didn't use the yellow spandex they even pay tribute to it in the first movie when cyclops says what'd u expect blue and yellow spandex.

Come dude you gotta give some sort of positive on some of the aspects of the current comicfilms that we have these days.

While I admit there are some bad parts to any and all of the Comicfilms we have these days it aint all bad.

They put their stamp on it because of their massive egos and how much their in love with themsevles.

Again I say, it isn't spandex their wearin', and I am not suggesting they wear spandex. Form-fitting is what I'm saying that would match up with the costumes. It doesn't really matter anyways if they don't give Wolverine his costume in the spin-off because it ain't Wolverine. If he's very tall, he ain't Wolverine. If he can't fight without usin' those claws, which he couldn't fight like Wolverine anyways, the movies showed that. I explained this before, it takes more than growling and slashing to play the role of Wolverine. So far, the 1990s animated series is the true, non-comics depiction of Wolverine. Hugh comes off pretty generic. In the movie, he won't look like Wolverine, he won't act like Wolverine and you all will love it.

I'm a big Spider-Man fan. I love his Silver Age stories the most and own various Masterworks and Essentials. What I was trying to illustrate was that what works in the comics would not work for a mainstream audience

exactly not all the people going to see these films are comic book Geeks!

Yeah, that was trash. I spoke on how Marvel has been a shitty publisher, which is why I haven't been reading Marvel for a while. Both their movies and their comics are pretty bad.

What the hell is that argument on?

Batman, Spider-man, Wolverine, X-men, the downright awesomeness of Suavestar?

Well, let me just do what I do best......

Batman: If he were to wear Spandex he would probably look like the gimp from Pulp Fiction.

Spider-man: The first movie was OK, second was a lot better and actually had things happening and was entertaining. The third was the weirdest cluster fuck ever, instead of pleasing no one like Batman and Robin, Raimi tried to please everyone, and therefore pissed everyone off.

Wolverine: How the hell would yellow Spandex in live action not look gay!?

X-Men: Hated the first film, second only seen part of it, and the third......just look at Spider-man.

The downright awesomeness of Suavestar: Wait no one will ever question that. :happy:

Guest DCAUFan1051
They put their stamp on it because of their massive egos and how much their in love with themsevles.

Again I say, it isn't spandex their wearin', and I am not suggesting they wear spandex. Form-fitting is what I'm saying that would match up with the costumes. It doesn't really matter anyways if they don't give Wolverine his costume in the spin-off because it ain't Wolverine. If he's very tall, he ain't Wolverine. If he can't fight without usin' those claws, which he couldn't fight like Wolverine anyways, the movies showed that. I explained this before, it takes more than growling and slashing to play the role of Wolverine. So far, the 1990s animated series is the true, non-comics depiction of Wolverine. Hugh comes off pretty generic. In the movie, he won't look like Wolverine, he won't act like Wolverine and you all will love it.

Feral as I stated before lets see you do a better job at comics/comic films.

I'm sorry but Marvel is a multimillion dollar enterprise yes there may be things that the fans will hate or disagree with what the writers and artists might do but they still have more success then failures

And you ripping on other peoples massive egos tells me you have one yourself.

And as Dan and AJR and Preston have said in this thread not EVERYTHING in comics is translatable to be realistic in Film. As I've stated your intitled to your opinion just as we are but the outright negativity towards these filmmakers that have given us these iconic characters on the big and small screen saddens me. You have no idea what they're motivation is in putting the effort and time into creating these films.

You say this generation's comic films are ALL bad well the stuff they've done in the past eight years could never have been done 25 years ago. So I'm happy to have the current films we do even if there are bad parts in them.

Guest DCAUFan1051

:ot: The downright awesomeness of Suavestar: Wait no one will ever question that. :laugh:

toooo funny suave :laugh:

Well, let me just do what I do best......

Batman: If he were to wear Spandex he would probably look like the gimp from Pulp Fiction.

A lot of you seem to be mistaking spandex for what they wear in the comics. The Batsuit has been given much more technological explanations also explanations for practical use.

Now, Nolan and his crew did somewhat honor the source material in this regard, but not honorable enough.

Spider-man: The first movie was OK, second was a lot better and actually had things happening and was entertaining. The third was the weirdest cluster fuck ever, instead of pleasing no one like Batman and Robin, Raimi tried to please everyone, and therefore pissed everyone off.

The first movie as are the otherse were trash. The only characters who got decent writing were the Green Goblin and J. Jonah Jameson. Though I take issue with the costume choice for the Green Goblin, it wasn't as bad as the choice for Harry's, but not faithful enough for Norman's. Harry's costume as the Green Goblin was trash.

Wolverine: How the hell would yellow Spandex in live action not look gay!?

Nice attitude towards the costumes in the comics. Real nice.

As I said before, I am not suggesting they wear spandex. Just forget about the gold and blue costume for a moment, and try to imagine the brown and tan costume. Oh, that wouldn't work either, huh? Oh, I know! How about black leather? Yes! Those were classic and functionable. Not in the least.

Feral as I stated before lets see you do a better job at comics/comic films.

I'd like to be on a professional film crew that would be translating the material to film, but hey, it's likely it ain't going to come to fruition.

As far as comics go, I don't really have in mind. I just don't have any ideas at the moment in that department. Though, I sure as hell wouldn't bastardize characters as Marvel has the past few years.

I'm sorry but Marvel is a multimillion dollar enterprise yes there may be things that the fans will hate or disagree with what the writers and artists might do but they still have more success then failures

And you ripping on other peoples massive egos tells me you have one yourself.

And as Dan and AJR and Preston have said in this thread not EVERYTHING in comics is translatable to be realistic in Film. As I've stated your intitled to your opinion just as we are but the outright negativity towards these filmmakers that have given us these iconic characters on the big and small screen saddens me. You have no idea what they're motivation is in putting the effort and time into creating these films.

You sound a lot like Nolan does, tryin' to be realistic and such. His Batman films aren't realistic.

I'm not saying translate everything. The core elements and characteristics though should be translated otherwise it's generic, just look at Wolverine in the movies. Generic is what he is. He ain't even close to Wolverine in the comics.

You say this generation's comic films are ALL bad well the stuff they've done in the past eight years could never have been done 25 years ago. So I'm happy to have the current films we do even if there are bad parts in them.

I haven't said only this generation's superhero movies are shit films. It goes all they way back to the first productions and even the television series'.

The only true greatness of Raimi's Spider-Man films have been when Spider-Man is in action. Other than that, it's shit. Organic webshooters were a very bad choice, not only did it take away from his engineering skills, it was unrealistic even though Raimi wanted to be more realistic in going with that option.

Guest DCAUFan1051

:grumble: I think I'm gonna haveta just ignore this thread for a while lol it's gonna make my head explode

(now I know how James felt in our Good Guilty Pleasure Movie Argument) LOL

Feral Raimi stated in the special features on the Spidey 1 DVD that even though in the comics Peter is a very smart high school teenager in today's society there'd be no realistic way for any teen to create and build webshooters.

So working them into the power transformation was a much better idea.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about any and all superherotype genres but still we have to thank everything up to this point for what we have today. Even if there are bad parts

(holy christ I feel like a broken record)

Lets get back on track with ideas and speculation of what we could possibly see in Spidey 4. :D

:grumble: I think I'm gonna haveta just ignore this thread for a while lol it's gonna make my head explode

(now I know how James felt in our Good Guilty Pleasure Movie Argument) LOL

Feral Raimi stated in the special features on the Spidey 1 DVD that even though in the comics Peter is a very smart high school teenager in today's society there'd be no realistic way for any teen to create and build webshooters.

He wrote off the mechanical webshooters because he believes it would be unrealsitc, yet organic webshooters are realistic?

He either doesn't understand that Peter Parker is not an everyman character, or his imagination is pretty sad.

So working them into the power transformation was a much better idea.

How so?

They were unrealistic, their inclusion negated Peter's intelligence, it didn't provide the dramatics that the mechanical webshooters do. Please, explain how in the hell it was a better idea.

I'm sorry you feel the way you do about any and all superherotype genres but still we have to thank everything up to this point for what we have today. Even if there are bad parts

(holy christ I feel like a broken record)

Accept shit as it is and don't suggest for it to be improved. Sound advice.

He either doesn't understand that Peter Parker is not an everyman character, or his imagination is pretty sad.

Despite his super-smarts, Peter is an everyman. That's why he's Marvel's gateway character. In some way we can all relate to him.

Accept shit as it is and don't suggest for it to be improved. Sound advice.

The thing is, you don't accept improvements. When one is made from comic to film, you blow it off because it isn't like the comics.