Vote Advent for your Small Press Idol

RHughes

Hey guys,

I'm the colorist on a project called Advent that is entered into this year's Small Press Idol contest over at Dimestore Productions website. The winner of the contest will have a four issue run published and printed through Dimestore. This is the second year that I've entered the contest. Last year, the team made it into the fourth (and final) round of the contest, but was forced to drop out when one of our team members couldn't participate any longer. This year the majority of the team is back together again, and we've all got something to prove.

We're into the second round, and we're asking for your vote to help us to get into Round 3. The first round is the one where we present our cover concept and story pitch, and Round 2 is character presentation. I've provided a link to our thread on the message boards here:

http://www.dimestoreproductions.com/compon...7/topic,2702.0/

All you'll need to do to cast your vote in this round, and the next, will be to either log-in to the site, or sign up, and post the word "Yes" in our thread. You're welcome to post more and jump into the discussion, but only the word "Yes" will count as an actual vote for us, so posting "I think this should move on" won't count whereas "Yes, I think this should move on" would be perfectly fine.

Signing up for the site is easy, and more importantly, it's free. Unfortunately, you're only allowed to vote once, and they'll check IP addresses, so no ballot stuffing is allowed, but if you know of anyone that might be interested, feel free to pass this along to them and have them sign up to vote.

Here are the pictures we submitted for Round 2.

Adventround2_v3.jpg

AegisRound2_v2.jpg

If you have any questions about anything feel free to let me know and I'll do what I can to answer them. There are 69 projects that made it through to Round 2 (twice as many as last year) so the competition will be pretty fierce. We'll need all the help we can get. =)

While I'm at it, I'll go ahead and post what was going to be our cover. We decided to scrap this one so that we can come up with something a little more impressive.

Adventcover_v3.jpg

Thanks!

Ross