Star Wars, nothing but Star Wars...

• Replies 907
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Am I the only one worried by the fact that there has been only one trailer (not counting the teaser)? We are three months away and, yes, all the stores are Star Warsed-up, yet we have seen nothing trailer-wise. That doesn't bode well for me; that says, "It's Star Wars. They'll see it no matter what."

Has there been another mega-blockbuster that's been sold on one trailer?

I think they've finally learned their lesson. The hype machine has been relatively subdued this time around. Honestly, it's refreshing that I haven't felt hit over the head with Star Wars for the past year. Once I heard "Chewie, we're home", that was all the selling I needed.

I think people are hyped to the moon again because of JJ Abrams. He's got a great track record, and he got the original stars to come back. He's pulling old fans that hate the prequels and new fans together. No more Lucas saying he's going to do stuff and it never happens or he changes it so it's not what he said. There is a plan and the movies are going to come out like they are on a conveyer belt for years.

• 4 weeks later...

Edit:

The official one sheet comes out on Sunday morning.

The trailer will debut Monday night around 8pm EST.

Tickets will go on sale Monday night around 8:30pm EST.

On a personal note I'm on vacation this week and just marathoned all six movies to get ready for it. I've come to the conclusion that everything that happens is due to the dumb choices everyone makes. It was not a great plan by Palpatine to seize control and relied on one bad decision after another by everyone involved. .

Edited by JackFetch

Also, did someone build another Death Star? Yes, sometimes a good motto is, "If at first you don't succeed, try, try again." but a better motto might be, "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me. Fool me three times, I'm a complete fucking dumbass!"

Plot rumors, taken for what it is worth, have both sides having ridiculous weapons like that and part of the story is the morality of Princess Leia, now General Organa, using such a thing.