Episode 109

RSS

Though Earth-2.net and Earth-2.net: The Show didn't examine DC's weekly series 52, the same can't be said about DC's newest weekly effort: Countdown. Desmond Reddick and Michael Sims sat down to discuss the first four issues (51, 50, 49 and 48), and, based on the length of this episode, they clearly had a lot to say about the event. Does this story take place on New Earth? How is it that everyone knows that Jason Todd is Red Hood and was the second Robin? (Along those same lines, if they know that about Todd, how do they not know Bruce Wayne is Batman?) What course of action would cause Mike to drop all DC books? What will be the outcome once we're done counting down? All these questions and more are addressed inside this episode! [ 4:53:55 || 134 MB ]

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/theshow/episodes/e2ts_109.mp3

it wasn't as "OMG~! GREAT!" as everyone was claiming

yes it was

It was good, but not mind-blowing. Some people went so far as to say it was better than The Killing Joke, when it wasn't even close in terms of quality and character depth.

hopefully that recommendation of Under The Hood was a joke because that storyline was terrible but then again anything with Jason Todd in it is terrible. His resurecttion should of never happened.

Under the Hood was wonderfully written! How his resurrection was explained (RE: punching reality) was lame, but those Judd Winnick-written issue of Batman were awesome.

I was REALLY interested in this episode. The idea behind it is great and it's good to hear two comic readers (one Marvel and one DC) analyse a huge series like Countdown. I was slightly surprised by the extent of the criticism given that it's helmed by Paul Dini. Then again, when you're pulling off a major DC-Universe story arc with some skewed continuity, and when it's so early on in the series, its understandable.

Oh and I fall into the *blame* camp of using 'The Final Countdown' for this review!

Oh and I fall into the *blame* camp of using 'The Final Countdown' for this review!

Damn you all!

Besides Carpenter's Halloween theme, Final Countdown has the bitchingest synth line in music history I tells you!

Europe rocks!

Only because I live there!!! :P

Sorry, it's just that this song gets used at so many cheesy disco nights at university, I can't appreciate this song as anything more than a reminder of tacky music nights that students/hen parties enjoy.