Superman: Man of Steel

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe it's an anti-war gun.

Maybe it's a tool for fixing planets that are about to blow up, but it malfunctions at a crucial moment.

Maybe its like cupid's arrows and the bullets just make people fall in love.

Maybe it's a prop that he takes to parties as a conversation peace.

Maybe it's a real gun that he takes to peace rallies as an example of what people shouldn't be holding in promotional movie posters.

Maybe it's just a really weird back scratcher.

Maybe it's a crutch, but the handle is sort of like a gun handle for some reason and it isn't quite long enough. He should really get a new one.

Maybe it's the device they use to shoot baby Superman into the atmosphere in this one, but babies on Krypton in this world are, like, super tiny.

I can't think of any more right now.

I was so pumped for it that I booked a seat for the largest IMAX screen in Europe (according to the website anyway). Then I see these action trailers and I start wondering if I can get a refund.

On the basis of what? Did that trailer intonate bad things to you?

I was so pumped for it that I booked a seat for the largest IMAX screen in Europe (according to the website anyway). Then I see these action trailers and I start wondering if I can get a refund.

On the basis of what? Did that trailer intonate bad things to you?

I really don't know. Well, actually I do. The whole thing about Superman is that he's alone. There's no Krypton, very few other Kryptonians. Now, it looks like there's a whole damn army of them fighting it out on Earth. How is this different from a thousand other 'invading-alien-army-overwhelms-earth-except-for-the-one-reason-to-hope' movies? All they've done is shoehorn Superman in it and called it Man Of Steel.

I hope I am wrong. I want to be wrong. But I have been burned by too many sub-par superhero movies to get my hopes up. I should know better than to judge by the efforts of the MCU.

• 2 weeks later...