Comic Reel-lief - The Reel-lief Reviews Top 10

RSS

Greetings one and all! I have come to realize that I have recorded 10 comic book movie reviews on Earth-2.net: The Show. Wanting to contribute more than just my British tones to the Earth-2.net franchise, I've decided to formulate my own Top 10 list of comic book movies. This will be a work in progress, as I have yet to review quite a few films in the comic book movie genre -- films from the Spider-Man and Batman franchises, for example. Therefore, let me compile my Reel-lief Reviews Top 10 for the first time.

The above is from: http://www.earth-2.net/columns/wilson_i/comic-reel-lief-01

Loving the banner, Mike! Thanks for the formatting.

Honestly, I'm not expecting much feedback for this as it's really just paraphrasing my podcast contributions and ordering them into a top 10. Even so, if you disagree with anything, I'm ready to argue a point! :happy:

if you disagree with anything, I'm ready to argue a point! :happy:

Spider-Man 3 — 7 / 10

:no:

On a ten point scale, I'm pretty happy with Spidey 3 being a 7. It should have been an 8 or a 9 at least, but it wasn't. But it was a better film than Supes Returns/X3/Ghost Rider and gave a slightly better comic experience (IMO) than the Turtles films and Blade (if only because it rigidly followed the 90s action film bracket). If I was going to re-evaluate my marks again I *might* rate it a 6.5, but this would reflect that the film was actually BAD, rather than majorly disappointing, which is my take on the film. Films like Batman & Robin, Swamp Thing I & II, Howard The Duck and half of that RottenTomatoes List will end up in the bottom five and deservedly so. As will the original Fantastic Four (*hint hint!!!*).