Jonah Hex

Dread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have not seen Hex posessing supernatural powers. The trailer says "it is said." I'm also not against the idea.

I think to say "This is not that Hex" is premature when looking at a trailer.

And I may be the only one here who'll say it, but though she is not my type, I find Megan Fox pretty, well, foxy.

I have not seen Hex posessing supernatural powers. The trailer says "it is said." I'm also not against the idea.

We see him raising a man from the dead....that's pretty supernatural to me.

And there's still the horse-mounted gatling guns and the Great Sucking Black Hole Of Talent That Needs To Eat A Cheeseburger as a sidekick (and if she's supposed to be playing Tallulah, as someone pointed out to me tonight, she's so miscast it's not funny, lack of talent aside).

So yeah...I think I can stand by my contention that this is Hex in name and image only.

I'm not a fan, myself. She's another perfectly serviceable "Hollywood Hot" sort of woman, but her utter lack of talent and personality just kill it dead for me. Nothing special in the looks department (again, by Hollywood's immaculate standards) and she can't act.

All joking aside, I seriously do not understand how people can think Megan Fox is anything but ridiculously gorgeous.

The fact that she's thoroughly generic looking, so anorexic it should be a Federal Act to make her eat a cheeseburger, and she has a horrific personality (and yes, I count personality as part of what makes a woman attractive)? Megan Fox is a plasticized, overtly sculpted version of what Hollywood thinks You Should Find HawtHawtHawt, and her very presence on my movie screen pisses me off--not the least because it causes women throughout the country to feel bad about their bodies and their face because it isn't exactly like this bland, blank-eyed, flat-voiced null-space of a woman.

But if how Hollywood treats its It Girls in the past is any indication, Megan Fox will disappear into obscurity within the next five years, and will retreat into being the 'name star' on an upcoming Caucasin Wankery Network series three or four years after that...if the Causcasin Wankery Network still exists by then.

I'm not a fan, myself. She's another perfectly serviceable "Hollywood Hot" sort of woman, but her utter lack of talent and personality just kill it dead for me. Nothing special in the looks department (again, by Hollywood's immaculate standards) and she can't act.

This.

She's not generic looking. She's got an exotic face(especially her eyes) and a nice body. She's not there for her acting, and all her roles are just her being eye candy.

That's my view, as well. I couldn't ever see myself ever falling in love with someone like her, but as pure eye candy, she's fine.

That's my view, as well. I couldn't ever see myself ever falling in love with someone like her, but as pure eye candy, she's fine.

See, for me she doesn't work for me as eye candy because she's thoroughly interchangable with fifteen other brunette anorexics....I see nothing at all 'exotic' with her, whereas with Ms. Johanssen I do see a little something in her that sets her apart (oddly enough, especially in the eyes)...and unlike Ms. Fox, Scarlett has something of a sloe-gin-like personality.

See, for me she doesn't work for me as eye candy because she's thoroughly interchangable with fifteen other brunette anorexics....I see nothing at all 'exotic' with her, whereas with Ms. Johanssen I do see a little something in her that sets her apart (oddly enough, especially in the eyes)...and unlike Ms. Fox, Scarlett has something of a sloe-gin-like personality.

Well, I will heartily agree on the point of Scarlett being better, that's for sure.

A lot of people feel the exact opposite, and that Scarlett could be interchanged with a dozen other big boobed girls.

Okay, so I saw the trailer and could only think: This looks like The Outlaw Josey Wales Adventures in the Outer Limits of the Twilight Zone. All right, I also thought it looked like someone, somewhere decided to base the movie on the style and tone of the Joe R. Lansdale scripted comics from the 90s.

Maybe. I could be wrong. Very, very wrong.

I'll see it because 1) I am totally interested and 2) I have an unapologetic man-crush on Josh Brolin. I could watch him in anything.

• 4 weeks later...