Thor

JackFetch

• Replies 347
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

They originally cast Zachary Levi from Chuck in the movie but he had to pull out:

And it's a longer season than they initially thought: NBC originally asked for a 13-episode third season, and then ordered six more. That turned out to be a positive for Chuck but a negative for director Kenneth Branagh's movie Thor, which starts filming in January. Levi was cast as Fandral, one of Thor's Warriors Three in the comic book adaptation, and the actor had even been working out especially for the role, but had to walk away when they got the extra pickup. (Levi admits that producers had asked him to audition for the role of the usually beefy God of Thunder, but told them no. "I'm tall and in pretty good shape, but I'm not big and girthy like that," he says.)

http://superherohype.com/news/thornews.php?id=8830

At least we now know the Warriors Three will be in it.

"Thor" helmer Kenneth Branagh has locked Stuart Townsend, Ray Stevenson, and Tadanobu Asano to play Warrior's Three, a trio of Asgardian adventurers who fight alongside the Norse god in the Marvel Entertainment drama.

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1118011469.html?categoryid=13&cs=1

Stuart Townsend = Fandral

Ray Stevenson = Volstagg

Tadanobu Asano = Hogun

He played Punisher in the Marvel Super Hero Squad Show...

I don't really think that that counts as a "project," though. Voice work is very very minor stuff unless it's a big recurring role. Even famous voice actors do many jobs at once, because each job, no matter how big, is ultimately tiny in the scheme of things.

The fact that he's also the live-action Punisher (and a great one at that) is kind of odd, though. I worry a little that he'll be too recognizable. Then again, that's probably because I'm one of the ten people in the world that loved Punisher: War Zone.

I agree that she's hot but I don't give a shit about a character who works with Jane Foster. That sounds like bad news to me.

NO ONE CARES ABOUT JANE FOSTER.

I care about Jane Foster.

I guess that makes me no one, then.

I think she does a lot to add to the character of Donald Blake, who, in turn, "humanizes" Thor.

He had a really cool thing going with Black Widow II in his T-bolts crossover until a later storyline completely nullified it. Personally I hope we can escape that with this one. I don't really have a problem with Wade crushing on a girl in this though. He does that regularly, its part of his schtick, lets just not pretend that he can have an actual relationship. We don't need a Roger Rabbit/Jessica Rabbit deal in the film.

• 1 month later...