Enter the Dragon to be remade

Missy

Lee's `Enter the Dragon' to get remake

HONG KONG - Bruce Lee's classic 1973 film, "Enter the Dragon," will be remade by Warner Bros.

The remake, to be titled "Awaken the Dragon," will be written and directed by Kurt Sutter, producer of "The Shield" TV series. It will be released by Warner Independent Pictures.

In an e-mail Thursday to The Associated Press, Warner Bros. publicist Laura Kim said the movie will tell the story of an FBI agent who investigates a Shaolin monk and underground kung fu fight clubs.

China's Shaolin Temple is renowned for its martial-arts tradition.

Kim declined to reveal the casting choices, budget or shooting schedule.

Lee played a kung fu fighter who infiltrates an island occupied by a rogue martial arts artist in "Enter the Dragon."

He died in 1973, at 32, from swelling of the brain.

Lee was known for movies in which he portrayed characters that defend the Chinese and the working class from oppressors.

He was born in San Francisco but grew up in Hong Kong, where he made his name as an actor.

This week's F4W actually had a little more info on this...

Enter the Dragon, arguably Bruce Lee's most famous film, is being remade -- sort of. This version will be called AWAKEN THE DRAGON and isn't really a remake, but rather a 21st century updating of the original film. It's being written by Kurt Sutter of The Shield, who will also direct, and produced by John Wells of Doom. At this point, the plan is for an American to play the role Lee played in the original.

• 4 months later...

OMG, if it's not a remake, they shouldn't even associate with Enter the Dragon. The film will flop because of that comparison. They just don't know how to leave classics alone. Let Bruce Lee R.I.P!

I hate Kung Fu films, it usually has one motive a students teacher is murdered and he must defend the honor of the temple and than suddenly for no good reason they can fly at each other. Not to mention most Kung Fu films are made with thr poorest film quality available. But Enter the Dragon was a masterpiece, Bruce Lee wanted nothing, but the best and he got it here.

To remake or update it is wrong, it's like remaking Citizen Kane(like someone else jokingly pointed out here)or Rocky, you can't do it.

I hate Kung Fu films, it usually has one motive a students teacher is murdered and he must defend the honor of the temple and than suddenly for no good reason they can fly at each other. Not to mention most Kung Fu films are made with thr poorest film quality available. But Enter the Dragon was a masterpiece, Bruce Lee wanted nothing, but the best and he got it here.

Man, you really need to watch better Kung Fu movies.

Man, you really need to watch better Kung Fu movies.

Believe me I have tried, I just don't have that interest and when I see a Kung Fu film like the ones I've described it makes me want to tear my hair out. I know it's a Kung Fu movie, so we are gonna get mostly fighting, but why not give us a different storyline, or better the already established storyline.

When I was a security guard, most of the people in the building that I was working at were Kung Fu fanatics and whenever they put s film on in the TV room, I would cringe at the sound of the films, I would occasionally go in there and it looked like a bootleg film, but it was an official copy, than I would see them jump so high and fast that they'd be flying and I would just be saying to myself, COME ON! Realism please.

If you could give me a few titles to watch and they aren't like that I would like to rent them and see if there is a difference. Thanks...

COME ON! Realism please.

If the fights were realistic, they'd all look like bad MMA bouts. Two guys rolling on the ground occasionally hitting each other until they get pulled apart.

The entire purpose of kung fu is that it's unrealistic and fun to watch. No one watches it for realism or a gripping narrative.

COME ON! Realism please.

If the fights were realistic, they'd all look like bad MMA bouts. Two guys rolling on the ground occasionally hitting each other until they get pulled apart.

The entire purpose of kung fu is that it's unrealistic and fun to watch. No one watches it for realism or a gripping narrative.

I don't know what MMA stands for, but if that's the reason for Kung Fu films, than I'll never watch again, I need some good storytelling to go with the action. With horror movies I can deal with stupidity and stuff, but not that.

Honestly, it's hard to say what you'd be interested in. Have you seen Ong Bak? The story is pretty average, but all of the stunts are done without wires, and the fighting is quite brutal. It's hardly realistic, but it's not overly unrealistic. It had a pretty good budget and shouldn't be hard to find at all.

Watch that, tell me what you think, and I'll go from there.