Transformers 2

JackFetch

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
.... My only gripe as the resident TF fan here is that they didn't use the real G1 character names for Sam and his father.

Weren't Spike and Sparkplug just nicknames anyway?

Actually, the nickname Spike was supposed to be used in the first film but the writers said it was just forced and didn't make sense.

No they weren't niknames It was Sparkplug & Spike Whitwicky in the G1 cartoon... those were their names... then after the 86 animated film it was Spike, Carly, and their son Daniel Whitwicky. I understand kinda why they didn't use them in the movie because of the storyline with the grandfather, but still I would have liked it better.

• 2 weeks later...

THAT looks awesome.

It looks like maybe they actually took some advice from the first film and actually pulled the camera back on the action shots. Oh, and it's relatively easy to tell the 'bots apart now! :D

I'm also happy that they're actually giving Sam a good reason to exist in the film's plot. This is very, very cool. I'm actually looking forward to the film now.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
“A notable moment occurs during the dementedly frenetic final act of Transformers 2. A robot-on-robot fracas is unfolding around Egypt’s Giza Necropolis, with Devastator, an especially massive mechanoid comprised of several construction vehicles, set on clawing its way to the peak of a pyramid. As it lumbers up the dusty colossus, a shot tilts up to its mid-section, revealing two wrecking balls dangling down. Yes, Michael Bay, the man who brought us cyber-micturition in this movie’s predecessor, has one-upped himself: Decepticon testicles. “

http://www.empireonline.com/reviews/review....asp?FID=135198

um.........

Guest DCAUFan1051
I can take a crappy remake of "The Touch." I can take Decepticon testicles. But if Bay fucks up Soundwave, I'm going to bust a cap in his ass.

I agree with the Soundwave part.

Guest DCAUFan1051

For those that don't wanna go see it for fear of it sucking why not wait until it is a cheap rental? I dunno if they have RedBox DVD Rentals overseas but I have seen a few movies from them that I didn't wanna waste the theater cash on and it only cost $1.06 for each 1 after tax. Right now it's a $$ issue with me as far as going to see this. I want to but can't afford to at the current time.

Well, it's not the money issue, it's just i really felt so apathetic towards the trailer as it just looked like it was going to take the original, which was a bit shit when you look at it in any depth, and just rehash that with more explosions, so that's whats making my decision really.

Though money is going to be a big factor, though not as big as apathy to me.

Guest DCAUFan1051
My main problem with these films is that they are actually increasing my apathy for my childhood. Transformers means a lot less to me now than it did when that first film came out.

I don't think I've actually watched the first live action one since I got the DVD... if I want my childhood and Transformers I look to the G1 cartoon and 1986 movie.

I think the problem with the sequel is Bay. Him and all the false info that he said he would reveal... I think that's the worst campaign ever. Don't fuvking lie to us... if you don't want shit leaked then talk about what you can when it's appropriate. But don't lie to the people about the damn film..... I'm feeling sooo negatively about this film I maybe just wait for the DVD

Guest DCAUFan1051
Well, it's not the money issue, it's just i really felt so apathetic towards the trailer as it just looked like it was going to take the original, which was a bit shit when you look at it in any depth, and just rehash that with more explosions, so that's whats making my decision really.

Though money is going to be a big factor, though not as big as apathy to me.

they're both bay films there aint a lot of depth... a few humans and then tons of robots and shit blowing up! lol I think the only Bay film (in my opinion) that has any depth is Armageddon.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm still looking forward to it. As long as Megan Fox is hot and giant robots punch each other in the face, I doubt I'll leave the theater unhappy.

my only issue with Fox is that it looks like in the trailers and TV spots that she has "man hands" :sick: