Episode 01

RSS

Hey, nice inaugural episode, Des! It's interesting to here how positive people seem to be about this remake of Halloween and I liked the somewhat unusual review format of movie discussion in the car home! You should keep that as a feature!

The soundtrack review was cool too - the music beforehand was nice and chilling and then you lament the amount of 70s hits on the record!! One of the reasons I'm a big fan of GTA:San Andreas is because it introduced me to a whole lot of music I normally don't listen to, including classic rock, such as the tracks you mentioned. Obviously it depends how much of the film exists in the 70s that would determine its effectiveness (is it the entire film or just Myers's childhood?).

Anyway, good stuff mate!

I'm at the halfway point, so pardon if you mention this later, but there are three cameos you neglected to mention: Brad Dourif (Sheriff Brackett, but better known as Chucky), Ken Foree (the trucker; Peter in Dawn of the Dead) and Tom Towles (Otis in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer).

More feedback coming later.

I'm at the halfway point, so pardon if you mention this later, but there are three cameos you neglected to mention: Brad Dourif (Sheriff Brackett, but better known as Chucky), Ken Foree (the trucker; Peter in Dawn of the Dead) and Tom Towles (Otis in Henry: Portrait of a Serial Killer).

More feedback coming later.

Oh, there are about seventeen more. I didn't want to list names. I could do an annotated write-up when the DVD comes.

I'm not a huge horror fan so I didn't notice all the cameos. I did notice Clint Howard and Danny Trejo though. I've been a big Clint Howard fan since Rock and Roll High School. I geek out whenever he shows up in a movie.

Apparently the rough cut was well over 2 hours and there's a scene with Clint Howard, Udo Kier and Malcolm McDowell turning down Myers' parole (although one would think that psychopaths with no sign of rehabilitation would get a parole hearing in an insane asylum...) it looks like i may be picking up that DVD after all.

They rape her while he's in there...? :unsure:

The jailer hates MM, and MM never does anything but make masks, so he thought they would have some fun. They bring her into his room and start raping her, and he just sits there making a mask. They are yelling at him the whole time while doing it. Then they start putting his masks on while doing it and he flips out.

The whole scene is pretty disturbing, and you never even find out if he kills the one guy or the girl. It was just to explain how he escaped. I think it was also more of them showing him kill people that deserve it, which I thought was a theme until he kills that girls parents.

They rape her while he's in there...? :unsure:

The jailer hates MM, and MM never does anything but make masks, so he thought they would have some fun. They bring her into his room and start raping her, and he just sits there making a mask. They are yelling at him the whole time while doing it. Then they start putting his masks on while doing it and he flips out.

The whole scene is pretty disturbing, and you never even find out if he kills the one guy or the girl. It was just to explain how he escaped. I think it was also more of them showing him kill people that deserve it, which I thought was a theme until he kills that girls parents.

I like that explanation of the escape better than the breaking the shackles scene...

• 2 years later...

Your opinion of Rob Zombie's HALLOWEEN is pretty much the opinion I have, Des. For me, the highlight of this episode was the review in the car ride home. Getting the impressions of the movie while it was fresh in your mind and that of Ben's was what made the episode for me.

Wow. Bump much? ;)

Thanks Derrick, if you want more of the car ride home, go to the Dread Media archive page and search for Roadkill Review. Tons more since then. Cloverfield, Unborn, Friday the 13th, just to name a few.