X-Force and Cable return!

Missy

Bob: Agent of Hydra is the greatest sidekick character ever on the strength of his name alone.

Deadpool is freakin' awesome. They'd better not bury him somewhere or ace him completly. He should have his own X-team! Ideally working as a new heroes for hire type dealie, but with decent characters.

Have they ever actually done a storyline where Wolverine is really knackered and loses his edge after working for so many teams at once?

Echo the thoughts on Deadpool, only just starting to get into his history and find snippets of information, but I could definetly buy an X team HAVING to use him as a member after the fallout with him possibly claiming to be the leader to the public

Have they ever actually done a storyline where Wolverine is really knackered and loses his edge after working for so many teams at once?

You hear that Marvel? I'm your man.

Panel 1. A view from above. Luke Cage and Wolverine sit on a short cement wall dividing the sidewalk and a park. There are ninjas in various states of unconsciousness and death littered on the ground. Pools of blood and sharp pointy weapons a plenty, Luke has his arm around Wolvie.

LUKE: C'MON, MAN! YOU'RE DOING THE BEST YOU CAN...

Panel 2. The view has leveled off and tightened in on the characters' faces. Cage looks worried and Wolverine is hunched over with tears streaming down his face. They are both splattered with ninja blood.

WOLVERINE: IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE. I USED TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT I DO AND NOW RONIN KILLS MORE NINJAS THAN ME. RONIN!

Panel 3. Same shot. Cage looks hopeful. Wolvie still cries.

LUKE: YOU KNOW CLINT LOOKS UP TO YOU. NOW THAT HE USES SWORDS HE'S ALL "YOU KNOW LOGAN'S A SAMURAI RIGHT? I WANT TO BE A SAMURAI TOO!" YOU'RE LIKE A ROLE MODEL TO HIM, NOW.

WOLVERINE: I KNOW, IT'S JUST...YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU'RE BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS?

You hear that Marvel? I'm your man.

Panel 1. A view from above. Luke Cage and Wolverine sit on a short cement wall dividing the sidewalk and a park. There are ninjas in various states of unconsciousness and death littered on the ground. Pools of blood and sharp pointy weapons a plenty, Luke has his arm around Wolvie.

LUKE: C'MON, MAN! YOU'RE DOING THE BEST YOU CAN...

Panel 2. The view has leveled off and tightened in on the characters' faces. Cage looks worried and Wolverine is hunched over with tears streaming down his face. They are both splattered with ninja blood.

WOLVERINE: IT'S JUST NOT ENOUGH ANYMORE. I USED TO BE THE BEST AT WHAT I DO AND NOW RONIN KILLS MORE NINJAS THAN ME. RONIN!

Panel 3. Same shot. Cage looks hopeful. Wolvie still cries.

LUKE: YOU KNOW CLINT LOOKS UP TO YOU. NOW THAT HE USES SWORDS HE'S ALL "YOU KNOW LOGAN'S A SAMURAI RIGHT? I WANT TO BE A SAMURAI TOO!" YOU'RE LIKE A ROLE MODEL TO HIM, NOW.

WOLVERINE: I KNOW, IT'S JUST...YOU EVER FEEL LIKE YOU'RE BURNING THE CANDLE AT BOTH ENDS?

Now that's funny

sorry, but who is Ronin and Clint again ? or are they the same person just first and last name?

Ultimate Ronin?

Now THAT'S a little silly.

Any sillier than Ultimate Moon Knight?

A couple of years back I seriously thought they were going to reveal that there was actually more than one Wolverine. I counted the books he was in on the shelf and then when I read his own book and New Avengers there appeared to be obscure clues.

Of course "who is the fake" stoylines were ruined for most by the Clone Saga but the Megatron vs Megatron storyline in the Transformers comic is one of the best they ever did.

A couple of years back I seriously thought they were going to reveal that there was actually more than one Wolverine. I counted the books he was in on the shelf and then when I read his own book and New Avengers there appeared to be obscure clues.

Have you read Wolverine #51?

Honestly I hated that storyline and ditched the book. What happened?

• 2 months later...

For those who haven't read it, here's the solicitation copy and cover for the first issue:

X-FORCE #1

Written by CRAIG KYLE & CHRISTOPHER YOST

Art and Cover by CLAYTON CRAIN (Also Bloody Variant Available)

Variant Cover by TRAVIS CHAREST

“ANGELS AND DEMONS” Part 1 (of 6)

There are lines that the X-Men have sworn never to cross. But after the shocking events of “Messiah Complex,” Cyclops realizes that some enemies need to be dealt with permanently… and the X-Men can never know about it. Enter WOLVERINE, WARPATH, X-23 and WOLFSBANE…X-FORCE.

XFORCE_1.jpg

• 2 weeks later...