Bioshock Review

ragernok2002

After many months of anticipation I finally got my copy of Bioshock and played through it over the past few days. There are many things to like about Bioshock such as the graphics (not animation), parts of the story and the water effects. That’s about where the good stuff ends.

First let me say how excited I was for the game after playing the demo on the 360. While the animation seemed stiff and you could tell the 360 was being pushed too hard it still looked like it had a lot of potential. So imagine my disappointment when I got the final version only to find none of the animation hitches, shooting glitches and AI was cleaned up. I also wonder how much better the graphics would’ve been had they not been compressed to fit on a DVD. Now I do not fault the developers for this, they only had so much system power to work with so maybe this will all be addressed with the PS3 version when it comes out.

To conclude, let this game cook in the oven just a little bit longer and wait for the superior PS3 version. Cleaned up textures, animations, AI, extra weapons, Home space, standard HDD and Blu-ray will make this flawed game into a perfect gem.

SDF Score: 5/10

Taken from http://www.sonydefenseforce.com/?p=83

Greatest review ever! <_<

Yeah the site isn't objective concerning the PS3 or Xbox 360, according to the site FF7 is being remade for the PS3 and will end the Xbox360, FASA being shut down by Microsoft is a sign that they are pulling out of the console market and my favourite one is a hardware sales chart.

augustnpd2.jpg

The Sony Family brillant.

This site is either run by a few bored 360 fans or god help the sad morons running this site.

Its been said by Ken Levine that Bioshock is 360 exclusive

"Then there is the lingering question of the rumored PS3 version of BioShock found in the PC code. Levine responds quite clearly, "I promise you, there is no secret plan about the PS3 that we're keeping from people. There's no PS3 development going on that we're hiding. There's lots of stuff that gets into game code, plans change over time and we got an exclusive deal with Microsoft ... that's not a Rosetta Stone discovery."

http://kotaku.com/gaming/ps3/levine-there-...hock-293304.php

I, like the PA guys have come to the conclusion that SDF is a joke.

The funny thing about the graphics being "compressed" on the 360 being fixed on the PS3? That "problem" would only be exacerbated on the PS3 because it has less system memory and can't handle as large texture file sizes as the 360, BD or not.

Yeah, I think it’s fairly obvious it’s a joke. I don’t have even a hint of doubt about that.

Like Jack said, you’ve got to love how they combine all three Sony console sales (PSP, PS2 and PS3) to make it appear like they are the market leaders, yet they leave the Wii and DS separate. Even with the PS2 still chugging along, and the PSP going well, they don’t stand a chance against the monumental sales of the Wii and DS.

augustnpd2.jpg

The Sony Family brillant.

Nice. Maybe they should separate the PS3, PS2, and PSP. Either that or combine the DS and Wii. Either way, it would show that the PS3 is dead last in sales.

btw, how old is that thing? Last I heard the Wii and 360 both had over 10 million units sold.

ng_sales.png

I think that was for one month. Also all X-Box and Windows OS sales should be combined as well. I really do hope that the site is a joke but I do know one or two people like that. They think a sign of a good game is when they fill a Blu-Ray, somehow size makes it better?