Mass Effect

JackFetch

Mass Effect Features Sex Scene, Breasts

While we knew that Mass Effect was going to contain partial nudity, we were sadly lacking on details, but no longer. The British Board of Film Classification has revealed it's rating for Mass Effect, revealing in the process some revealing details about...well, revealing. According to the classification the game has been given a 12 rating due to "moderate violence and one sex scene". Ah, the sound of happy GameStop employees raking in preorders. While the scene is undetailed, one version does contain breast nudity. Wait, there are different versions?

"If playing as a male character the scene can take place between him and a human woman or a humanoid female alien. If playing as a female character the scene can take place between her and a male human or a female humanoid alien."

http://kotaku.com/gaming/sex/mass-effect-f...asts-300946.php

We all get to be like Captain Kirk.

Hmm. Even though I don't own a 360 yet, I might buy this now before JT&Co. put the stop on this.

He's a little busy with GTAIV:

Plenty of gamers would give their left arm to be included in Grand Theft Auto IV.

Miami attorney Jack Thompson, however, claims that he’s depicted in the game and wants out. And he threatens to block the release of GTA IV if Rockstar doesn’t comply.

http://gamepolitics.com/2007/09/18/jack-th...-block-release/

• 2 months later...

Today's release of Rock Band is blinding me to this game. I'll grab it a little later on... I still haven't bought BioShock. Surely there has to be a lull in the release of great new games at some point in the future, right?

I like that you can be a lesbian, but you can't be a gay guy. In space, anything is possible... except human / alien swordfights!

Ok, I've been playing for 6 hours straight. This is one badass game. The voice acting, the story, and the speech system blow away anything I've ever played before.

I haven't come across all the bugs that some people have. The only thing that aggravates me is the frequent loading times while walking around the Citadel.

I beat the game after 38 hours. There are over 50 side missions, and a story better than anything I've seen in a game before. When you beat it, you can play through again with the same character still leveled up with the same weapons and armor.

There is a possibility of 4 sexual encounters depending on if you are a male or female, and what decisions you make in the game. Only 2 per game though.

Some of your team members might die way before you get to the end if you make certain choices.

The final boss fight can be made easier or harder depending on your choices.

You can be good or bad, and the more points you put into either, the more opportunities you get to change the outcome. Examples: You can choose to sweet talk, or pull a gun on someone to make them talk or give you items instead of just asking them.

There are apparently some glitches. I haven't seen it, but a lot of people are reporting bad framerates at times. There is also a texture pop in that was also in Gears of War. They use the same engine so it's not Bioware's fault. It's really only bad when you first load a saved game. It takes a few seconds for the high res textures to load.

It's going to be an Online RPG. And they're working on it (although it might be set during the Mandalorian Wars, and be KOTOR 0). I just wish Obsidian had been allowed to "finish" KOTOR 2.

Now, who do I have to sleep with/blackmail/ransom/kill to get a PC version of Mass Effect?

The PC version is probably coming in a few months. It seems almost all 360 games end up on the PC eventually.

Some of the problems and things left out seem like they were made for having more RAM. The galaxy map used to be a 3d smooth zoom in/zoom out thing, now it loads pictures instead.

I wish I could hope that. Unfortunately every word about a PC version since a PC Gamer UK article last summer (2006) said there was one forthcoming has been "There are currently no plans to develop Mass Effect for systems other than the XBox 360 including the PC." I agree that it would only make sense, as every BioWare title to date has ended up on the PC eventually (I hope the Sonic game is the first that THAT isn't true for, I couldn't care less about a DS port) and to port a 360 game to the PC requires less work than porting to/from other systems, but unless EA is able to swing it I just don't think it's going to happen.

After two weeks of playing... the game is great. At first I thought the combat was going to ruin the game, but after getting used to it... all is good.

Yeah, I'm taking time off from it before I play through it a second time with Biotics. I went full Rambo the first time. That led to many deaths until I figured out that's not how the combat system is supposed to work.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...