Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I've finished 95% of the filming for my video project, only a couple of shots left to get. When I sat down with my tutors and explained that for expediencies sake I was going to play the lead character in the film (which I also came up with the idea for and co-wrote) they started talking about doing screen tests and how my fellow group members needed to be brutal in assessing my acting.

Now I could have gone in the fact that I spent most of my teen years doing various stage productions or I could have brought up that I was picked due to that work by the BBC and trained on the set of one of their TV shows, but frankly that would have just been a smokescreen. I don't consider myself an actor. I respect the profession too much, and have zero aspirations in that direction, and it's been about 10 years since I've done anything in that regard. That being said, it's a 5-8 minute student film, most of which is talking head interviews. I'm an director/writer playing an arrogant director/writer/documentary maker. I think I can manage it, it's not a big stretch.

I haven't seen the footage of what we did yet but the response from those that have has been really positive, and frankly between me and my team I think it's a higher standard of performance than 90% of the student films that I've had the misfortune to have watched.