Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, our exchange student from Austria could not have picked a worse time to come to California. Heavy rain, a power outage, AND possible trace amounts of radiation? Oy.

Radiation? From what?! Japan? That's ridiculous. As far as I know, out plants are doing fine.

Hokay. So. Epic wants me for an onsite interview. But now I have an offer from NYU (I don't know if/how much they're gonna fund me), and I'm first on the waitlist for ISU. So, debate time. Do I go straight into grad school, with no guarantee of funding (or a possible place and funding, depending on the waitlist), or do I wait a year or two, build up a monetary base and get job experience, and then reapply?

Thoughts, folks?

Hokay. So. Epic wants me for an onsite interview. But now I have an offer from NYU (I don't know if/how much they're gonna fund me), and I'm first on the waitlist for ISU. So, debate time. Do I go straight into grad school, with no guarantee of funding (or a possible place and funding, depending on the waitlist), or do I wait a year or two, build up a monetary base and get job experience, and then reapply?

Thoughts, folks?

I'd shoot for the latter, Hannah. So much rides on experience when applying for jobs nowadays, and building up your funds for the future means that if you re-apply down the line, you'll be in a much better financial position. try your best with Epic and if it doesn't work out, you still have your university offers on the table.

Hahaha. Baby. You say that like I wouldn't completely fuck one up in the first five minutes. :P

Epic Systems is a health care software company, the job I'd be doing would be a writing job. Friends say that most people seem to last a year or two tops there, and then burn out, which would actually work pretty well for building up a money base for grad school...

All depends on what you want to do after school. Some industries prefer some level of work experience, others prefer you have as many letters after your name as possible. I'd go for the work experience myself, as an employer, it shows me that you have a plan and know what it takes to get there. In five years, if you explain it as succinctly as you have here, you'd get a lot of respect from me in the interview.