Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am confused by Tim Hortons. I am eating a nice lunch and go to watch some Netflix on my iPod. Things is, their WiFi is Canadian and thus I can only play Netflix Canada. I understand that Tim Hortons is a Canadian company, but why would the internet they provide in the middle of Ohio be Canadian as well?

I've been offered a 2 month job with my company as part of management, driving up and down the country controlling various sites. 2 month because they only need someone to fill the spot temporarily until the company is taken over (they need to show that they have a management training program) and also because if it was longer than that I'd refuse because it's exactly what I don't want to be doing long term and they know that.

So basically I get a company car, increased regular pay and a significantly easier portfolio of work (no shovelling) but I lose the ability to work whenever I want, which is what I do now. It also means that I'm labelled as trainee management despite having started as the companies Projects Manager over 8 years ago. It's one of the more bizarre employment scenarios I've ever seen.

I am confused by Tim Hortons. I am eating a nice lunch and go to watch some Netflix on my iPod. Things is, their WiFi is Canadian and thus I can only play Netflix Canada. I understand that Tim Hortons is a Canadian company, but why would the internet they provide in the middle of Ohio be Canadian as well?

That is just awesome, I think all Tims' double as an embassy

Managed to get tickets to Olympic freestyle wrestling on friday! I was on and off trying since I have friday off and would like to go to the Olympics whilst it's still on. Aside from getting to see the Athletics this is sorta a jackpot, I get the 55-74KG finals complete with medal ceremonies.

So, weirdness. One, people from high school are seeking me out. Two, three of every four of them appear to have popped out a kid in the last five years. One of those people named her kid Jameson, I'm 99% sure after the whiskey.

(Side note: we were exclusively abstinence education. It shows.)

A mullet for Han I get. But why not put him in a badass leather jacket instead of gym clothes? Pretty sure teenage Han Solo never hit the track once in his entire life.

Nonsense.

The guy did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

#Boom

I laughed.

So, Luke is Marty McFly then? I'm just going to say that Luke's nowhere near cool enough to be Marty McFly. Just think about when they're devising a scheme to slingshot something through a letterbox into the headmasters office, he confesses to regularly using his slingshit skills to kill rats. And he's creepily attracted to his sister. And he does nothing but hang around the teachers.

Getting a Jay and Silent Bob vibe from Han and Chewie.

A mullet for Han I get. But why not put him in a badass leather jacket instead of gym clothes? Pretty sure teenage Han Solo never hit the track once in his entire life.

Nonsense.

The guy did the Kessel run in less than 12 parsecs.

#Boom

Post of the Day! :bowdown:

My 80-year-old grandmother is having hip surgery tomorrow. These last eight months have been hell on her, pain and mobility wise. When I spoke to her today she said the Vicodin had zero effect. So I joked she needed something a little less than legal. To this she yelled, "Bring on the marijuana!"

I :wub: my Gram!