Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

So, Benedict Cumberbatch is doing an AMA on Reddit. The following was just uttered:

[–]hcml11 1976 points
1 hour ago

Do you, Matt smith, and Tom Hiddleton have cheek bone polishing parties?

[–]_BenedictCumberbatchBenedict Cumberbatch[S] 4610 points

1 hour ago

We like nothing better than buffing our Zygoma. And imagining a horny time traveling long overcoat purple scarf wearing super sleuth nordic legend fuck fantasy. Get to work on that, internet.

I expect Tumblr to implode shortly.

Cumberbatch is awesome.

Some old homeless guy was harrassing customers at my store yesterday, so I went outside to tell him to leave. He responds by ranting and raving while walking away, saying he was "the real Jesus Christ". I told him to have a nice day and he told me to go fuck myself. As he walked further away he threatened to kill me.

The greatest thing of all is that was only the beginning of my insane day yesterday. This day included a 16-year-old cashier getting fired for repeatedly being high and coming to work. </facepalm>

So the Apple keynote conference today announced new models of iPads and MacBooks, but the best thing was that they announced (and simultaneously released) the new OS X update, Mavericks, for free, just like their iOS updates. They implied that they're pushing for a status quo where computer OSs will always be free.

I downloaded the update this afternoon. It was supposed to vastly increase efficiency (mostly by doing cool stuff with RAM compression), but I had my doubts about how it would work for me, since I have literally the oldest model of MacBook that will still run it. After it finished indexing my hard drive in the background (took about half an hour after the install), I started seeing huge performance improvements. Certain things that used to take forever and make my computer run slow as crap before (converting and editing video, mostly) now take a fraction of the time and don't slow down the system much at all. It feels around 50% faster on the whole. As if that weren't enough, they tweaked the gamma settings for the display, and now colors looks a touch more vivid. I have zero complaints, and I'm very, very happy.