Randomness

Missy

• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If you have your android phone set to auto upload your pictures and someone gets your Gmail, they have full access to them along with all your Google accounts. I assume it's a little harder on iCloud, but it usually starts with getting the email account attached to whatever cloud service is being used. It's almost always social engineering, and not hacking. Celebrities forget that most of the information about their lives is available to anyone, and shouldn't use security questions like "what is your mom's maiden name". They also have multiple people that have access to their accounts like publicists and personal assistants. Every person that has access is a liability and can be socially engineered to accidentally give someone the info they need to take over an account.

At home and work, I've changed the keyboard configuration of my Macs to be more like that of a PC. Whenever I have to work on another Mac, I have to remember to press the command button for keyboard shortcuts. Then when I get back to my computers, I find myself trying to use the command button for a minute or two.

Yesterday, in question period, Conservative MP Paul Calandra was speaking on behalf of our Prime Minister when the opposition asked him how long Canada's new dedication of troops to Iraq would be. Weirdly, the next 8 minutes revolved around him answering why Israel needs to have Canadian help. Repeatedly he was asked and called out by the opposition to answer the question about Iraq in a pretty hilarious pedantic response ("I know they're both in the Middle East and both start with "I" but I'm asking about Iraq."). Calandra seemingly was stuck in some sort of programming glitch, only answering with his previous non-answer.

Later yesterday afternoon, he was on a panel with two other opposition MPs about a completely different thing when Evan Solomon from CBC News asked why he didn't even attempt to answer the question based on a response within the same topic of the question.

Calandra said he did.

The gifs of the men on the panel with him look like this:

calandra-570-real.gif

Which is beautiful on many levels, but not to be outdone by the far more subtle, but perfect summary of Canadian politics by the fella on the far right (position wise, not politically). A little earlier in this gif clip is the guy doing an epic eyeroll.