Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

12505345239775374175538.jpg

ULTIMATE COMICS X-MEN #1

Written by STEPHENIE MEYER

Pencils & Cover by GREG LAND

Villain Variant by TBA

Special Variant by TBA

New York Times best-seller Stephenie Meyer brought you the highly acclaimed TWILIGHT series. Now she’s bringing back the Ultimate X-Men with artist GREG LAND (ULTIMATE POWER, UNCANNY X-MEN)! In the aftermath of ULTIMATUM, Wolverine is dead…. Or IS he?! It’s a race between SHIELD and the Brotherhood to retrieve the feral mutant’s remains! Whose side will the X-Men choose? Get ready for a new era in mutant history!

32 PGS./Parental Advisory ...$3.99

There are reasons to read the Ultimates. Ultimate Spider-man is still being written by Bendis and is awesome, plus Ultimate Avengers is being written by Mark Millar, who wrote the first two Ultimates series which were pretty damn good too. It was really only Jeph Loeb that ruined the thing. That and FF & X-men being average books.

But with regards to this Wolverine, why couldn't they just let him die? Its not like they don't have spares.

While not impossible, as Meyer is a fan of the X-Men, this simply isn't real. I'm sitting on Marvel's November solicitations, and this isn't in there.

More than that, this is something Marvel would have made a huge deal out of at one of the conventions. But let's say the timing didn't work out and they couldn't reveal this news at SDCC or CCC, I'd be sitting on an embargoed press release, which I'm not.

That said, I hope I'm wrong! Sales on any comic written by her would be off the scale, which is great for the business.

They're good for the business in a bad way. They're good for the business like Liefeld was good for the business. Total flash over substance. The woman is an awful, awful writer, and that's the last thing Ultimate Comics needs, even if she's popular.

EDIT: I'm sorry that I'm not excited about this, but I just can't see a good reason for publishing poorly written comics by someone who's only getting the chance because it will sell. It's everything that's wrong with the business.

The point is, think of the audience she would bring with her. This is a hugely popular mainstream author coming to comics. She would bring millions of people with her. If even a fraction of those people go on to read other comics, then it was worth it.

That said, there's nothing to worry about as this isn't real.

12.jpg

Selina Kyle from The New Batman Adventures

She is also known as Catwoman:

07.jpg

Pamela Isley (also known as Poison Ivy) from The New Batman Adventures:

07.jpg

Harleen Quinzelle from the New Batman Adventures:

09.jpg

She is also known as Harley Quinn:

01.jpg

All three of these characters are popular in Batman comics and cartoons, and now they have their own comic book series called Gotham City Sirens. But what you may not know is that they also have their own cartoon. Did you ever wonder what their childhoods were like? Did you always think they were villainous, unlike Batman and Robin?

Well now you know the truth, they were once:

lgpp31320+blossom-bubbles-and-buttercup-the-powerpuff-girls-poster.jpg