Knight Rider

JackFetch

I dunno if your like me and are a completionist about Knight Rider But I bought the Standard Def Season Pass from iTunes it was only $26.99 so if my DVR fucks up like it did last night Io can always see the episodes on my iPhone lol. If you don't have it or don't want to shell out the $$ for the season pass on iTunes I believe NBC runs streaming episodes kinda like CBS and ABC do.

go to: Knight Rider 2008 FREE Episodes on NBC

here's the link to the KR site on NBC:

Knight Rider on NBC

Gary Scott Thompson the KR2008 "show runner" said in interviews that there are some things carried over from the pilot film but they have changed 90% of the back story of Mike and Sarah and everything. and GST also said that the 2 hour pilot was a reboot to Knight Rider and the TV Series is a reboot of the Pilot. Weird huh? I know but still. Just glad there's finally something on Wednesday nights now worth watching. There are a lot of nostalgic moments thought the series first three episodes for instance last night's episodes mike and zoe's undercover names were Devon and Bonnie paying tribute to Devon and Bonnie from the original show. The Hoff is in talks with NBC for more then one appearance on the show but it'll probably be closer to the end of the season. They have stated the producers and actors that this is a straight continuation of the original series mythology but they are also creating their own mythology at the same time.

if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer them the best I can but there are more knowlegable people then me on those Knight Rider Forums :D

OH YES, I am a completest, it took me forever to get S1, just because I heard how bad TKR was and didn't want to be stuck having to get that on DVD. If it does come out on DVD, I will wind up getting it. I went on KROnline and saw that there are two other spin-offs KR2010 and a spin-off of an episode. How were those spin-offs? Do you think they'll ever end up on DVD? How about the Different Strokes episode with KR, do you think they'll add that episode to th Complete Series box set, or make you buy that series too?

What do you think about Larson finally making his dark vision of KR for the big screen?

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest DCAUFan1051
The 2 hour pilot is part of the new series. It's the origin of the new car and driver. Why would you think it didn't have anything to do with it?

Bionic Woman failed because the writing was inconsistent throughout the season. The episodes would go from lighthearted to serious and it was very jarring. Not to mention they threw out stuff that they set up in earlier episodes.

yes as far as the car/driover introduction the pilot film is linked to the series but as I said in the previous post Gary Scott Thompson said it himself everything else has changed and they are wanting the series to stand on it's own.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I dunno if your like me and are a completionist about Knight Rider But I bought the Standard Def Season Pass from iTunes it was only $26.99 so if my DVR fucks up like it did last night Io can always see the episodes on my iPhone lol. If you don't have it or don't want to shell out the $$ for the season pass on iTunes I believe NBC runs streaming episodes kinda like CBS and ABC do.

go to: Knight Rider 2008 FREE Episodes on NBC

here's the link to the KR site on NBC:

Knight Rider on NBC

Gary Scott Thompson the KR2008 "show runner" said in interviews that there are some things carried over from the pilot film but they have changed 90% of the back story of Mike and Sarah and everything. and GST also said that the 2 hour pilot was a reboot to Knight Rider and the TV Series is a reboot of the Pilot. Weird huh? I know but still. Just glad there's finally something on Wednesday nights now worth watching. There are a lot of nostalgic moments thought the series first three episodes for instance last night's episodes mike and zoe's undercover names were Devon and Bonnie paying tribute to Devon and Bonnie from the original show. The Hoff is in talks with NBC for more then one appearance on the show but it'll probably be closer to the end of the season. They have stated the producers and actors that this is a straight continuation of the original series mythology but they are also creating their own mythology at the same time.

if you have any other questions I'll be happy to answer them the best I can but there are more knowlegable people then me on those Knight Rider Forums :D

OH YES, I am a completest, it took me forever to get S1, just because I heard how bad TKR was and didn't want to be stuck having to get that on DVD. If it does come out on DVD, I will wind up getting it. I went on KROnline and saw that there are two other spin-offs KR2010 and a spin-off of an episode. How were those spin-offs? Do you think they'll ever end up on DVD? How about the Different Strokes episode with KR, do you think they'll add that episode to th Complete Series box set, or make you buy that series too?

What do you think about Larson finally making his dark vision of KR for the big screen?

KR2010 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Knight Rider at all it's some science fiction thing the only thing it shares with KR Mythology is the name if you look on the KRO website under the description of it it states that.

TKR is not currently on DVD and I dunno if it ever will be.

The whole reason for there even being a KR (1982) Complete Series DVD set is because Universal has been notorious for releasing their DVD sets on dual layer discs and I have all 4 Seasons of KR and at least 1 disc per set fucks up. The NEW Complete Series Set will be single sided discs. I don't think there will be any new features on it but I'm not sure. All of the single season sets features will be there though.

Go to the below link to read news about the KR Complete Series DVD Set:

Knight Rider Complete Series Announced

and here's the link for the packaging for the complete series DVD set:

KR Complete Series DVD Set Pic BOX ONLY

no more news then these 2 items has been reported yet. I'd expect more in the coming week from TVShowsOnDVD.com considering it arrives 10/21/08

Guest DCAUFan1051

as far as the Larson Feature Film I'm very unsure of it.

There really hasn't been any news other then the video message that the KRO site has it's one of those wait and see types of things for me :D

KR2010 HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH Knight Rider at all it's some science fiction thing the only thing it shares with KR Mythology is the name if you look on the KRO website under the description of it it states that.

TKR is not currently on DVD and I dunno if it ever will be.

The whole reason for there even being a KR (1982) Complete Series DVD set is because Universal has been notorious for releasing their DVD sets on dual layer discs and I have all 4 Seasons of KR and at least 1 disc per set fucks up. The NEW Complete Series Set will be single sided discs. I don't think there will be any new features on it but I'm not sure. All of the single season sets features will be there though.

Go to the below link to read news about the KR Complete Series DVD Set:

Knight Rider Complete Series Announced

and here's the link for the packaging for the complete series DVD set:

KR Complete Series DVD Set Pic BOX ONLY

no more news then these 2 items has been reported yet. I'd expect more in the coming week from TVShowsOnDVD.com considering it arrives 10/21/08

I hated the 2 sided disc the first season was given, such a cheap way for studios get DVD's out, easily scratchable, etc. I'm glad the Complete Series set will have them single sided

I'm watching the first episode and wow, do they keep up the adrenaline that the first episode seems to have. The biggest problem with new shows is that the first episode is often so good that when they begin to slow down in following episodes, people feel cheated. The Sarah character has a cute face and beautiful eyes though, a bit skinny though. The bad girl that Mike doesn't know is a hottie as well, wonder if she'll be back.

Guest DCAUFan1051
I'm watching the first episode and wow, do they keep up the adrenaline that the first episode seems to have. The biggest problem with new shows is that the first episode is often so good that when they begin to slow down in following episodes, people feel cheated. The Sarah character has a cute face and beautiful eyes though, a bit skinny though

well it's funny you mention Sarah because I have the pilot film on DVD and I have an HDTV and on her neck right where a guy's adam's apple would be looks like a bruise I first norticed it on the DVD in the lecture part of the film. But it isn't in the series maybe she got injured then healed I dunno

I got the DVD FREE from FYE during a promotion they were running. It currently is not for sale and it probably will be included on the Season 1 DVD set when it comes out just as KR2000 was on the original shows season 1 set. Yes it is great that they are using single sided discs. my Las Vegas sets were dual layer and they fuck up all the time.

As far as your thoughts on the first episode being actioned packed it was great and the second and third episodes it doesn't let up. My favorite thing about the first episode is when KIT's on fire just look:

KnightRiderOnlinePodcast1.jpg

here are other KR Pics I've taken and like:

KITTSpeedinginthedesert1.jpg

KITTSpeedinginthedesert2.jpg

KITTSpeedinginthedesert3.jpg

Cool, my mozilla firefox kept crashing as I was watching the pilot, so I just got done watching it. This sucks, I scanned my computer and there is no virus, so why was it crashing. I have 3 episodes left to watch to catch up, I hope this won't keep happening. The first episode was way better than the 2 hour pilot.

I did enjoy the fire scene with KITT, it certainly shows how advanced technology is now compared to 1984. While that KITT was fire proof, we never would have seen it in that form.

They should have it promoted as Transformers meets Knight Rider, since KITT transforms A LOT in the pilot.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Cool, my mozilla firefox kept crashing as I was watching the pilot, so I just got done watching it. This sucks, I scanned my computer and there is no virus, so why was it crashing. I have 3 episodes left to watch to catch up, I hope this won't keep happening. The first episode was way better than the 2 hour pilot.

I did enjoy the fire scene with KITT, it certainly shows how advanced technology is now compared to 1984. While that KITT was fire proof, we never would have seen it in that form.

They should have it promoted as Transformers meets Knight Rider, since KITT transforms A LOT in the pilot.

He does transform alot in the series so far- I think that was an upgrade over the nanotech transformations in the pilot

• 2 weeks later...

I like the series alittle, although I still think the pilot did a great job in explaining how they all came together whereas the first episode needed abit more of a history lesson I thought for newer fans. I also liked how KITT changed colours in the pilot as well as seemingly to any other car model but now we have only seen around 3 different models right?

Guest DCAUFan1051
I like the series alittle, although I still think the pilot did a great job in explaining how they all came together whereas the first episode needed abit more of a history lesson I thought for newer fans. I also liked how KITT changed colours in the pilot as well as seemingly to any other car model but now we have only seen around 3 different models right?

in the pilot film we saw 3 different colored ford mustangs in the series the nano color changing was replaced by transforming. So far in the four episodes that have aired we've seen KITT transform into a F-150 and a Ford Van

Guest DCAUFan1051

WOW one of my friends on the Knight Rider Forums emailed me the mp3 file of the TV theme to the NEW Knight Rider TV Series WOW!!!!!!!

this will soon be the most played audio file in my iTunes library :D

Guest DCAUFan1051
NBC has picked up "Knight Rider" for a full season, says The Hollywood Reporter.

The network has ordered another nine episodes of the Wednesday night action-drama, which is produced by the network's sister division Universal Media Studios.

DCAUFan1051 you can do a happy dance now.

thanks 4 the info jack.... but I already knew that because I visit the ultimate website in knight rider news:

Knight Rider Online

• 3 weeks later...

It's getting rebooted again:

Bruce Davison, Sydney Tamiia Poitier and Yancey Arias have all been dropped from the cast. Fans will be relieved to learn that former model/soap stars Justin Bruening (“One Life To Live,” “All My Children”) and Deanna Russo (“The Young and the Restless”) will continue as the show’s leads.

The format of the show is changing as well:

"It's a reboot," "Knight" executive producer/showrunner Gary Scott Thompson said. "We're moving away from the terrorist-of-the-week formula and closer to the original, making it a show about a man and his car going out and helping more regular people, everymen."

http://www.aintitcool.com/node/39035

I doubt this show will even finish it's run before getting the Bionic Woman treatment.

Though I sort of enjoyed the idea of the 24-like hub, giving Mike a full tech support team, the show was relying too heavily on the "terrorist-of-the-week" format. Plus, they never bothered to state who was really in charge. I mean, Torres (Arias) acted like the boss, yet Agent Rivai (Poitier) was seemingly his equal, and Professor Graiman (Davison) also had a say in the missions. When a show can't define a very clear hierarchy inside a government agency, there's a problem.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Though I sort of enjoyed the idea of the 24-like hub, giving Mike a full tech support team, the show was relying too heavily on the "terrorist-of-the-week" format. Plus, they never bothered to state who was really in charge. I mean, Torres (Arias) acted like the boss, yet Agent Rivai (Poitier) was seemingly his equal, and Professor Graiman (Davison) also had a say in the missions. When a show can't define a very clear hierarchy inside a government agency, there's a problem.

In the news room on the knight rider online website their article states that the show will be brought back towards the original series type of show. With a guy and hiis car out to help the "everyman" instead of terrorist of the week type of thing.

It also stated that they are planning to run a 2 part episode on a Sunday night after a football game in january and the conclusion to that would premiere the following Wednesday.

Because I am a fan of the original I loved the pilot film and like the series overall. Yes there are a few bad episodes but overall it's a good show. I like the direction that they are going with the whole KARR angle.

Having Rivai and Torres leave doesn't bother me but I think they should keep Bruce Davison around. I've kind of viewed him as the "Devon Miles" type of the series.

I seriously doubt that this show would get a Bionic Cancellation For the simple fact that they weer already shooting episode 8 before the 1st episode ever aired. Yes I know shows can get pulled before airing the remainder of episodes ordered. However NBC has put a lot of money behind this show. Now will it be renewed after the 13th episode maybe maybe not. But this isn't one of those shows that would just up and disappear.

But that's just my feeling on it. :D

I actually think this is great news for the show, not the falling ratings but the decision on cast and direction.

After watching the pilot last year I think it was there was such a jump to where the series started, followed by no real explanation as to how the show got to where it was. A more simple story to each episode with the KARR story being the over hanging arc, maybe even go the route of having a 3 parter to finish the series with new Michael being beat and having old Michael save him with 2 KITT cars on show against a smarter KITT version in KARR. Im sure the advertising of the Hoff and original KITT would perk up interest to give the show a good way to potentially go out