Knight Rider

JackFetch

Guest DCAUFan1051

I can see your point there as well Jack... but I must point out that even though in the Original Series the people of the world knew about the Foundation and even law enforcement knew of it's existence and what good work it did many people in general didn't know that the car talked until KITT actually said something or Michael had to explain what it was to people. And also in the Original Series a majority of the Foundation missions were government centric ecept of course when Michael would take on his own missions and "make" them a foundation mission so he could get his expense report filled out very well :D

I figured I'd just edit this instead of making a new post but WOW!!!! that ending was like jaw dropping good explosion too :D

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow, well we got the first casualty that will help transition it into the new reboot. Awesome episode, it could have had a bit more than just the captive woman, but its a 2 parter at least.

Supposedly David Hasslehoff will return as either a main cast member or a recurring character(Most likely because Bruce Davison is leaving). I'm sorry to say this, but I really hope he just comes in as a guest star because if he's anything else than the series will not be about Michael Knight Jr, it will revert back to being about Michael Knight and than what's the point.

However, a guest starring place would be good, especially when old enemies like KARR come back and they need more than just one MK.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Wow, well we got the first casualty that will help transition it into the new reboot. Awesome episode, it could have had a bit more than just the captive woman, but its a 2 parter at least.

Supposedly David Hasslehoff will return as either a main cast member or a recurring character(Most likely because Bruce Davison is leaving). I'm sorry to say this, but I really hope he just comes in as a guest star because if he's anything else than the series will not be about Michael Knight Jr, it will revert back to being about Michael Knight and than what's the point.

However, a guest starring place would be good, especially when old enemies like KARR come back and they need more than just one MK.

I agree with that entire statement. I know for a fact that The Hoff will be retutning, when, where, and in what capacity I have no idea. To Quote a few shows like BH 90210, Melrose, Place, Law & Order he should be credited as a "Special Guest Star" and not just a guest star in my opinion. I think at some point they wanna have the old KITT (2K) and the New KITT (3K) on screen at same time but unsure when that will be. I like when they do those little storyline plot points that refer back to the Original Series but it is done in a way that takes nothing away from the new series.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I know everyone hates when I use big bold letters and everything but this deserves it..................

PETER CULLEN REPRISES ROLE AS KARR in Knight Rider 2008!!!!!!!!!!!

helll yes I love that they did this!!!!!!!!

Ok, so I DVR, this series, so I don't have to watch the commercials, but right now I'm watching tonights episode and I'm confused.

KARR, was a prototype for the Knight Industries Two Thousand project, but the program had KARR being self saving(doing everything to keep itself alive, no matter who is hurt). William Knight decided to put KARR in storage and develop KITT, who proved to be successful as it considers human life to be top priority. This is the KITT driven in the original series.

The new Knight Rider has his son(Michael Knight Jr) driving the new Knight Industries Three Thousand, but tonights episode is saying that Jr Knight is the original driver for KARR(which is impossible because he is only in his 20's). Why would they try and develop another KARR making the same mistake they made with the original KARR. Are they trying to take the original series out of continuity?

Guest DCAUFan1051
Ok, so I DVR, this series, so I don't have to watch the commercials, but right now I'm watching tonights episode and I'm confused.

KARR, was a prototype for the Knight Industries Two Thousand project, but the program had KARR being self saving(doing everything to keep itself alive, no matter who is hurt). Wilton Knight decided to put KARR in storage and develop KITT, who proved to be successful as it considers human life to be top priority. This is the KITT driven in the original series.

The new Knight Rider has his son(Michael Knight Jr) driving the new Knight Industries Three Thousand, but tonights episode is saying that Jr Knight is the original driver for KARR(which is impossible because he is only in his 20's). Why would they try and develop another KARR making the same mistake they made with the original KARR. Are they trying to take the original series out of continuity?

OK if you remember the beginning of the 08 Series Mike couldn't remember stuff about his past......that's because his memory was erased. even though the TV series has nothing to really do with the original mythos they have copied the same storyline

KROriginal: KARR Was Made and deactivated because of self preservation. KI2T was made for preservation of human life.

KR2008: KARR was made and deactivated because it was too violent and killed people in the war that Mike was in. KI3T was made for the preservation of human life just like in the original.

however the government wanted the KITT project to be dismantled and KARR to return so once graiman died that was what they did. because as it states in the episode with graiman perfecting the KITT tech and attitude they figured that they could just install it in car and make him not be violent anymore which obviously didn't work.

And as far as Mike being the original driver of KARR they explain that as well to the fact that mike apparently volunteered for it when he was in the war that he was in.

and so not to confuse everyone the next statement is for the overlord of E-2:

mike while you are correct that the 2008 TV Series has nothing to do with the 2008 pilot film it still falls in the same mythos as the Original Knight Rider when it comes to the basic backstory.

hopefully this has given ya a clearer image of the series :D

Okay, having Mike's mind erased due to the events caused by KARR is understandable, but why would the exact same mistake happen twice. Also KI2T was pretty much perfect(for the time of the technology), in terms of tech perfection, so why would he again need to perfect another KARR by making another KI3T? Its also the same voice who is doing KARR, so that is telling me that its the same one(if its a new KARR and it has the same voice, why couldn't they get the original voice for KITT back?)I love William Daniels more than Val Kilmer as the voice KITT.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Okay, having Mike's mind erased due to the events caused by KARR is understandable, but why would the exact same mistake happen twice. Also KI2T was pretty much perfect(for the time of the technology), in terms of tech perfection, so why would he again need to perfect another KARR by making another KI3T? Its also the same voice who is doing KARR, so that is telling me that its the same one(if its a new KARR and it has the same voice, why couldn't they get the original voice for KITT back?)I love William Daniels more than Val Kilmer as the voice KITT.

as both I and Mike have said this is a new series with slightly different mythology while they make reference to the old series and there are a few direct connections they are independant of each other as TV Shows.

As far as Peter Cullen reprising the role of KARR umm there were only 2 people whom ever did the voice in the original series that being Cullen and Paul Frees and seeing as Frees is no longer with us and most people remember that Cullen played car it was a good voice choice to have him return.

As far as the differences between KI2T and KI3T they are also 2 different entities. While I agree I'd rather have Daniels voicing KITT this is not your daddy's knight rider lol.

There are completely different backstories and events that happen in KR2008 then what happened in KR Original. Hopefully this clears up any confusion you have. AND remember they're 2 different TV Shows.

as both I and Mike have said this is a new series with slightly different mythology while they make reference to the old series and there are a few direct connections they are independant of each other as TV Shows.

As far as Peter Cullen reprising the role of KARR umm there were only 2 people whom ever did the voice in the original series that being Cullen and Paul Frees and seeing as Frees is no longer with us and most people remember that Cullen played car it was a good voice choice to have him return.

As far as the differences between KI2T and KI3T they are also 2 different entities. While I agree I'd rather have Daniels voicing KITT this is not your daddy's knight rider lol.

There are completely different backstories and events that happen in KR2008 then what happened in KR Original. Hopefully this clears up any confusion you have. AND remember they're 2 different TV Shows.

Sort of clears it up, but when David Hasslhoff comes in all that is out the door and the original series is fully in continuity. I'm happy with the series and the KARR episode was better than I thought it would be(having KARR more like Kain in Robocop 2, than a Transformer was cool) and Peter Cullen is a definite favorite of mine. Hopefully the series stays up with the energy.

Guest DCAUFan1051

KR rips metallica off with this past weeks episode title:

Exit Light Enter Knight

this is KR related but not directly with the new series but......

I did a search on iTunes for knight rider and to my shock and awe Team Knight Rider Season 1 popped up in the results as far as I know this show had not been on iTunes in the past. I bought it just to remind myself how bad the show actually was.... because truthfully all I remember about TKR was the theme song. Below is the iTunes art :D

TKRLogo.jpg

Guest DCAUFan1051

I've finished watching Team Knight Rider on the iPhone and I must say it is bad but not as bad as I thought it would be. It's not like watching an episode of Medium and wanting to knaw off my arm. There were subtle and not so subtle hints within the show that talks about the 80's KR. And of course this would have to be one of those shows that ended on a cliffhanger to get the network to pick it up again which that never happened.

I've been watching a lot of 80's and 90's TV lately and it amazes me how much David McCallum is in. Not to say his body of work isn't impressive, but I mean that when I watch something and he pops up as a villian or something it's surprising to me. I'm used to just seeing him as Ducky in NCIS. :D

Ughh, I'm watching the episode that aired last night. Right now, I have no opinion on the actual episode, but come on with the fucking storyline. Its been in almost every TV Show I have enjoyed, I'm tired of it. Writers think with your brains.

Other shows I can think of right now that had the same story:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Angel

Smallville

Birds of Prey

Guest DCAUFan1051
Ughh, I'm watching the episode that aired last night. Right now, I have no opinion on the actual episode, but come on with the fucking storyline. Its been in almost every TV Show I have enjoyed, I'm tired of it. Writers think with your brains.

Other shows I can think of right now that had the same story:

Hercules: The Legendary Journeys

Angel

Smallville

Birds of Prey

While I agree with you on the fact that this storyline has been used multiple times before by multiple TV shows.... the fact remains that it's a staple of TV. Just like every TV show has some sort of "Frankenstein" episode. The underground fighting club story will always be around.

My favorite part of the Fight Knight episode was at the very end when KITT imitates the Drill Seargent that was hillarious :D

While I agree with you on the fact that this storyline has been used multiple times before by multiple TV shows.... the fact remains that it's a staple of TV. Just like every TV show has some sort of "Frankenstein" episode. The underground fighting club story will always be around.

My favorite part of the Fight Knight episode was at the very end when KITT imitates the Drill Seargent that was hillarious :D

I agree with the KITT scene, that was great. The episode acting wise was good, I did enjoy it and will watch it again when the DVD comes, I'm just tired of the same concept being used more than once and them adding some sort of twist to their version. It's pointless, you are stealing an idea. But it was still a watchable episode. I just hope this new reboot of a reboot, which was a reboot itself to a show that was out years ago, keep the high energy up of the other two reboots, lol. Confused yet.

Guest DCAUFan1051

I agree with the KITT scene, that was great. The episode acting wise was good, I did enjoy it and will watch it again when the DVD comes, I'm just tired of the same concept being used more than once and them adding some sort of twist to their version. It's pointless, you are stealing an idea. But it was still a watchable episode. I just hope this new reboot of a reboot, which was a reboot itself to a show that was out years ago, keep the high energy up of the other two reboots, lol. Confused yet.

nah that wasn't confusing at all. :D I like the new series because it does a few things:

#1 every now and then it calls back to the Original Series

#2 It's a good Wednesday night Action Show

#3 Even though it's had several reboots it still holds up for me in the Knight Rider Universe

• 2 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051

The Season Finale is tonight! ugh! wish it would have gone longer though. EVERYONE that likes KR should watch this.... hopefully it will get picked up for a Season 2.

EDIT: which I can't watch on TV because it won't air until Sat afternoon goddamn college basketball!!!!! Good thing I have the Season pass on iTunes

This show pisses me off when it comes to when they use things KITT can do. Every episode they could have used all the guns they showed that he has, but didn't. In this last episode he could have used his laser on the gun the girl was holding and he didn't. We know he has an EMP pulse but rarely uses it when it would save a lot of time and trouble.

Guest DCAUFan1051
This show pisses me off when it comes to when they use things KITT can do. Every episode they could have used all the guns they showed that he has, but didn't. In this last episode he could have used his laser on the gun the girl was holding and he didn't. We know he has an EMP pulse but rarely uses it when it would save a lot of time and trouble.

I can kinda agree.... my one complaint since the KARR episode is that they only used Turbo Boost once! hello this is supposed to be Knight Rider Turbo Boost is a part of any KITT! I know the Original show and this are different as I've pointed out, but in the Original show KITT turbo boosted at least once every episode. NBC can't be hurting that fucking bad in the economy for them not to allow one Turbo Boost an episode. And... where the hell did Attack Mode go? that aint been used in a while. As much as I liked and supported this show in the beginning I think it's time to do a 180 and not even want a second season. Just goes to show ya how NBC and it's parent company fuck stuff up.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest DCAUFan1051
Knight Rider Cancellation Likely

TV Guide has revealed that their sources tell them that a second season of Knight Rider is not happening, although "an NBC rep had had no comment on KITT's rumored garaging."

NBC will have considerably fewer time slots available in Fall 2009; this plus falling ratings could have factored in to their decision.

source: KITTSite

this most likely isn't a bad thing seeing as NBC really has more "suck" shows then good ones these days.

Guest DCAUFan1051
Has this show even been on in the last month?

March 4th was the final episode.

but I just found the news item today while looking for smallville spoilers