What was Lois Lane doing?

Missy

What was Lois Lane doing in Countdown #32?  

10 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

For those who didn't read Countdown #32, let me set the stage: Barbara Gordon threw a bachelorette party for Black Canary, to which every female superhero was invited. It was a wild night at a male strip club; everyone was drinking, partying, enjoying the men, etc. All of a sudden, we see this...

what-was-lois-doing.jpg

Before voting, pay attention to the words the writer chose to emphasize. Clearly Lois was up to something, but what?

FYI: This is the only panel related to Lois Lane's presence at the party, so that's all we have to go on.

You can just tell how much this is getting Yodas nerves lol

If Gordon would have said something about writing lines for a story then I would say cocaine, funny that she says if Lois throws up she'll hold her hair back as it looks like Lois already has something in her hair, right of her forehead, now im saying a stripper come on her face

I think that Barbara was just playfully jesting that Lois couldn't use the party to write a big expose on Super Heroes (IE thier behaviour and ID's) and after Lois acknowlaged that she wouldn't do it even for a Pulitzer Barb offered to assist her later on if she was blind drunk and puking. Call me cynical...

I think that Barbara was just playfully jesting that Lois couldn't use the party to write a big expose on Super Heroes (IE thier behaviour and ID's) and after Lois acknowlaged that she wouldn't do it even for a Pulitzer Barb offered to assist her later on if she was blind drunk and puking. Call me cynical...

But look at her. She is either high, or that is the worst panel in the history of ever.

But look at her. She is either high, or that is the worst panel in the history of ever.

Yeah...come on Stavros!

Quit being the voice of reason!

Yeah...come on Stavros!

Quit being the voice of reason!

Its fucking Countdown! What makes you think that either the art or characterisation is a priority? They just want to slap it together and throw it on the shelves. Its just the worst panel, thats all.

Its fucking Countdown! What makes you think that either the art or characterisation is a priority? They just want to slap it together and throw it on the shelves. Its just the worst panel, thats all.

Ding ding ding! We have a winner!

Well said sir. It seems a little pointless and a little silly to be talking about cum in Lois Lane's hair. Think those google searches are weird now?

Blane, instead of going on and on and on about how much "Yoda hates DC and wants to fuck Marvel," maybe you should actually read the site and listen to Earth-2.net: The Show.

This past Thursday I wrote a review of Green Arrow / Black Canary: Wedding Special, and, despite some issues I had with it, I still told people to buy the book. If I can find the time, Green Arrow / Black Canary #1 will be reviewed this Thursday. And guess what, that will also receive a "buy" from me. In fact, it will get a stronger recommendation than the Wedding Special.

Every single week during the Is It Wednesday Yet segment of Earth-2.net: The Show I dole out negative reviews of Marvel's comics. Hell, in episode 166 I gave Moon Knight #13 a "skip" despite the fact that it's written by an author I adore.

Furthermore, I co-host a fortnightly podcast that's dedicated to the DC Animated Universe. So obviously I do love DC characters. In fact, some of my favorite comic book characters are Tim Drake, Jason Todd, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Kyle Rayner, Impulse and Kon-El.

Once a month Des and I talk about Countdown for four-ish hours during Earth-2.net: The Show. Do I bitch and moan about the series? Yup, but I've gone on the record to say that I want to like Countdown, and that I want DC to succeed with another weekly series. I don't want to hate it, but, despite my desires, it's not a very good book -- and I refuse to sugarcoat it.

At the end of the day it comes down to this: if you don't like the fact that I use my forums to say what I want to say, leave.

Blane, instead of going on and on and on about how much "Yoda hates DC and wants to fuck Marvel," maybe you should actually read the site and listen to Earth-2.net: The Show.

At the end of the day it comes down to this: if you don't like the fact that I use my forums to say what I want to say, leave.

Here here. Make points you can back up in at least a semi consistent manner.

Yoda has been harsher than I on many Marvel books and, guess what: Countdown sucks and DC should apologize and publicly flog Dini for it.

Plus, I still say Lois was dropping a deuce...

So the idea is that if I don't like what you say I have to leave? Seems mature. Also loved the idea that I don't read the site or listen to the show (I do, almost every episode). It was one throw away post in a thread cause I'm tired of Glancy coming in and making the same punching reality joke over and over again.

And while it is true that you are critical of Marvel comics (I don't ever recall stating you weren't...) it seems to be from listening to the show and reading your posts that you gave Marvel a LOT more leeway with the bullshit they can put out as well. Maybe it's just me but it's irksome to have to read swarmy posts over minor things. It comes off like the wrestling section of The Oratory where everyone has to constantly nitpick at the tiniest things and can't enjoy a match anymore. Especially something like this where it seemed like there was something being made of absolutely nothing.

Maybe I'm naive because I haven't been reading comics for years and years and I'm a bit of a "mark" but a lot of the times it just seems nit picky and biased.

But hey instead of having a discussion over this...guess I should just leave.