Green Lantern

JackFetch

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does anyone else feel that Reynolds seriously looks like Ben Stiller while in the mask/costume? Anyone? Bueller?

Unfortunately, I have to agree...just hope he has better lines than he did in the teaser trailer so that he's not a complete joke.

As for Michael Clarke Duncan voicing Kilowog :yes:

They're just discussing this now? The movie comes out in two months. Is it common to record voices for CGI characters so close to the release date?

Sometimes, yes. For example, I remember distinctly that it wasn't announced that Ian McKellan would be voicing Iorek Byrnison in "The Golden Compass" until a few months before the film was released.

They're just discussing this now? The movie comes out in two months. Is it common to record voices for CGI characters so close to the release date?

Sometimes, yes. For example, I remember distinctly that it wasn't announced that Ian McKellan would be voicing Iorek Byrnison in "The Golden Compass" until a few months before the film was released.

Mind you McKellan wasn't cast until a little late in the game because the studio wanted a bigger name. The part had already been dubbed by Nonso Anozie so it's kinda a douche move. Wonder if that might have even happened here.

Mind you McKellan wasn't cast until a little late in the game because the studio wanted a bigger name. The part had already been dubbed by Nonso Anozie so it's kinda a douche move. Wonder if that might have even happened here.

This.

It's not necessarily a fact that they're only now recording. For instance, fully-finished footage of Geoffrey Rush's work as Tomar Re was shown at Wonder-con the same week it was announced that he'd been cast.

...why do you need the Lantern constructs to make a gun? I mean, really. You can make anything. ANYTHING. And all your imagination allows you to make is a gun?

*sigh*

The gun is one of the big toys they are going to be marketing to kids. So, it makes sense he'd actually use a gun construct during the film.

That image to me looks like Ryan Reynolds head photo-shopped onto someone else's body.

...why do you need the Lantern constructs to make a gun? I mean, really. You can make anything. ANYTHING. And all your imagination allows you to make is a gun?

*sigh*

That's actually been done a LOT in the comics. It especially makes sense for someone like Hal, who's a military pilot. The idea is that the clearer you can picture something in your mind, the more "solid" the construct is. So if a chaingun is something you can understand and focus on, it might end up being more effective than just an abstract energy blast.

It's so hard though, because the Green Lantern abilities SHOULD look like special effects. However it's this sort of thing that makes me think the public won't really connect with the premise like they did with Iron Man, where everything looked made to be real.

Man, they better fix these effects, because Suave is right; his head looks pasted on a CGI body.

I can see how people would see it like that, though in my opinion it doesn't really look that way. I think it looks as perfectly real as someone wearing a suit made of green light would look.