Green Lantern

JackFetch

...why do you need the Lantern constructs to make a gun? I mean, really. You can make anything. ANYTHING. And all your imagination allows you to make is a gun?

*sigh*

That's actually been done a LOT in the comics. It especially makes sense for someone like Hal, who's a military pilot. The idea is that the clearer you can picture something in your mind, the more "solid" the construct is. So if a chaingun is something you can understand and focus on, it might end up being more effective than just an abstract energy blast.

As dirty as agreeing with K-Dubs is, not only is the above quote very accurate but also the fact that action men with guns is a popular toy trope is EXACTLY what is going to help sell the film and its merchandise. Plus, if you're fighting against the Parallax swarm thing in the convention footage, do you think, as a military pilot, a bloody large gun construct or a tupperware construct for containment that you then launch into the furthest reachs of space?

As for the effects, I again agree with....no, it's too monstrous to physically type...

....Delete! There we go, I agree with Delete!

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All the posters are highlighting the alien stuff. Most of the movie takes place on Earth. They need to show that also so it doesn't look like a CGI movie to non comic fans.

Actually, I think it was Ryan Reynolds who said the Earth/Cosmic ration is 50/50.

I think the cosmic stuff is going to interest comic geeks and casual moviegoers alike more than the terrestrial stuff. What are they going to do, show Blake Lively and Ryan Reynolds just standing together on an airfield? These aliens are a lot more interesting.

I'm betting a lot of this is due to the intensely negative feedback they got from everyone about the first trailer.

Indeed, it is. There's something about the outfit on Reynolds that still looks off to me, but whatevs. I have a feeling that I'm going to like the Oa portions of the film more than anything that takes place on Earth, from these trailers.

Also, fuck yeah Kilowog and Sinestro.