Green Lantern

JackFetch

Looks better there. I'm not betting on it to win the summer or even get the best reviews, but I'll probably enjoy it.

I think, given how expansive the scope of the Green Lantern universe is, that a Hal Origins story that remains somewhat faithful to the source material whilst being solid overall will be a major achievement, regardless of whether it wins the summer or not.

Which is a roundabout way of saying "I agree with you."

• Replies 638
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm most excited to see Sinestro.

Anyone have a problem with the ring making fire? While I know only basic Green Lantern details, I guess you could justify it saying the ring makes the appearance of fire, since fire is really just of energy in the forms of heat and light, but shouldn't it be green? I kind of reasoned it out for myself haha but anyone else have an opinion?

I'm most excited to see Sinestro.

Anyone have a problem with the ring making fire? While I know only basic Green Lantern details, I guess you could justify it saying the ring makes the appearance of fire, since fire is really just of energy in the forms of heat and light, but shouldn't it be green? I kind of reasoned it out for myself haha but anyone else have an opinion?

Yeah, I had a problem with that. As I had a problem with the "gun" having muzzle flashes and bullet noises. But I'd guess that's a concession to audiences - you can't ask people to give up their pre-conceived notions all at once. People see fire, they expect orange.

Yeah, I had a problem with that. As I had a problem with the "gun" having muzzle flashes and bullet noises. But I'd guess that's a concession to audiences - you can't ask people to give up their pre-conceived notions all at once. People see fire, they expect orange.

It could also be that Hal is using the ring to actually create energy-based versions of actual combustible chemicals, which would actually make a normal yellow flame.

Also, in the pre-Crisis era, the Green Lantern (and Qwardian) power rings were able to create images that weren't green or yellow, though it was extremely rare.

• 2 weeks later...

So they are going with a plain mask, not a contoured style one like his suit. Oh, the milk....

Eh, I don't mind these tie-ins, like the Beast, Farmers ad. I just wish it didn't look like a champagne glass with the energy from the ring looking like the glass stem. I think it's positive that companies see the marketing potential in these characters and the genre in general. Of course it could get out of control on a Bond type scale, in which case we'd get a reboot and a whole new range of movies again!