Fire Pro Wrestling

S-T

Fuck. I was eating a sandwich. Being on call sucks.

Anywho. Yeah, this series, or more specifically, this game, is absolutely the best wrestling game that we'll ever have available here in the States. It's completely unequalled in terms of customization and A.I.

It's only going to be $20, but it's easily worth three times that much.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting the details of my first match here, just to make Glancy even more jealous. :happy: .

KENTA (me) vs. Taiji Ishimori. Went about 20 min with lots of back and forth. FInish came after Ishimori kicked out of the Go 2 Sleep for a 2.9. I tried it again, but he reversed into a roll up for a 2. Then he hit the Superstar Elbow, I was SURE that I was done but I kicked out at 2.9. He got up out of breath, then I recovered, hitting the KENTA Rush into the Busaiku Knee Kick for the 3. I'm in love with this game all over again.

I got mine yesterday.

Played around a bit to get used to the controls again, and then had a Brusier Brody vs. Abdullah the Butcher barbed wire match that was sick. Finish was a flourescent tube over Aby's head.

Next was Mutoh vs. Nagata. Great 24 minute match, with me dominating the first half, and Nagata coming back strong from the 13 minute point until about 20 minutes, and then it was finisher time. He kept getting me in Nagata Locks, of all varities, but I managed to get to the ropes time and time again. He hit a back drop driver, and I thought I was done, but got a 2.9. That was enough for me, and I hit three Shining Wizards, a pile driver, and a final Shining Wizard to seal the win.

I love this fucking game.

I ordered it from Amazon.com - I wondered on Wednesday why my copy had not arrived so I went to check it out and found this:

Order Date: November 7, 2007

Shipping estimate: December 28, 2007

I canceled my order, went to the local Gamestop, and purchased the thing directly.

The most bullshit finish of all time.

Tag match, New Japan Ring.

Dario Walker and Homicide vs. Jado and Gedo.

We join the match at 46 mins in. Homicide hits the ace crusher from the top on Gedo, while myself and Jado are fighting out on the floor. Gedo kicks out at 2.9. Gedo hits a senton, I get in the ring to make the save for the pin, Jado drops me on my head and criticals me.

Homicide kicks out of the senton, but they get to double team him. until he too, gets criticaled.

Bullshit.

Two good matches last night.

4 on 4 Elimination match:

My team (heels): KENTA, Cima, Milano Collection AT and Jushin Thunder Liger

Opponents: Marafuji, Tiger Mask, Kaz Hayashi, and Petey Williams

Great 30 minute elimination match. pretty much back and forth between all 8 men for about 12 minutes before isolating Hayashi and putting a beating on him. At 17 minutes, he kicked out of Go To Sleep, reversed a falcon arrow attempt, and tags in Tiger Mask. Everyone in the ring and it is on. Kenta and Tiger Mask exchange big moves, before KENTA reverses a tiger suplex attempt with a cradle and gets a 3. I tag out to Liger, and that proves to be a mistake, as Liger eats a Shiranui, Powerbomb/Elbow combo, and a Canadian Destroyer for three. Milano in now, and he goes right after Petey, hitting a tombstone, followed by an IR attempt that gets blocked. Williams makes the mistake of tagging in Hayashi. Hayashi actually hits the Final Cut, but Milano is out at 2.9, and hits the IR for a critical. Williams is the legal man, but Marafuji is in too, and he eats an IR for his trouble, and that gets a critical, so he is just laying on the mat. I actually pick him up to hit another one, for the hell of it, but he managed to reverse and return to his corner.

So now Petey is in there against Milano, KENTA and Cima, who I have rarely used to this point. Williams gets Milano to tap to the Sharshooter, but Cima comes in and is just a bear. Iconoclasm, followed by a Schwein, followed by another Iconoclasm gets the pin. Marafuji walks in, get's whipped into the corner, Iconoclasm, and it's over. KENTA and CIMA survive. Awesome match.

Then I went silly. 8 man cage match with weapons. Don't remember who all was in there, but I was Corino, and Funk was on my team, and Muta was an opponent. Basically, Funk and Muta are the last two in the ring, and start climbing at close to the same time, but Muta gets out first. This was a very AAA match.

I also did some of the MMA style matches. Different, but kind of fun.

I like the MMA matches once in a while, but they're WAY too short and easy.

What difficulty are you playing at?

I range from 4 to 8. I like 4 because I feel like I am in control of having a good match. I do 8 when I want to try to win and be challenged. I have only done 8 twice and got my ASS handed to me. Mostly 4.

EDIT: I can't get over how quick my wife picked it up either. After about four matches, she was comfortable with the control scheme and willing to play with me and can compete. I think the learning curve thing is nowhere near as bad as people have blown it up to be.

• 3 weeks later...

So last night I got bored and decided to sim a 32 seed survivor series team tournament with random teams. The final four were as follows.

Mr. Perfect/KENTA/Larry Sweeney/Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Lou Thesz/Road Warrior Animal/Razor Ramon Hard Gay/Randy Orton

Bad News Brown/Teddy Hart/Ricky Marvin/Finlay

Yuji Nagata/Quinton Jackson/80's Randy Savage/FEDOR FUCKING EMELIANENKO

Take a wild guess as to who won that one.

So last night I got bored and decided to sim a 32 seed survivor series team tournament with random teams. The final four were as follows.

Mr. Perfect/KENTA/Larry Sweeney/Hacksaw Jim Duggan

Lou Thesz/Road Warrior Animal/Razor Ramon Hard Gay/Randy Orton

Bad News Brown/Teddy Hart/Ricky Marvin/Finlay

Yuji Nagata/Quinton Jackson/80's Randy Savage/FEDOR FUCKING EMELIANENKO

Take a wild guess as to who won that one.

Is that Sweet and Sour Larry Sweeney?