iTunes trouble?

Missy

Okay, this is weird: when I attempted to download WFP 15 here at work, it took 15 minutes. Sure, it's a large file (67 MB), but it shouldn't take that long.

How many computers are on the network there? The network might be bogged down or having trouble. Is that the only one doing it or is another podcast(not your's) doing it also?

I'm downloading it now with no problems.

There are 19 computers on the network, but this is the first time download speed has been an issue. I mean, in the fourth post in this thread I wrote:

It must be something with my home connection, because I was able to download the latest show quickly here at work.

After checking iTunes, it appears other podcasts are dragging ass too.

There are 19 computers on the network, but this is the first time download speed has been an issue. I mean, in the fourth post in this thread I wrote:

It must be something with my home connection, because I was able to download the latest show quickly here at work.

After checking iTunes, it appears other podcasts are dragging ass too.

That's what I get for skimming. I thought the trouble was at work. It does sound like your isp might be having problems.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 4 years later...

This issue popped up a few weeks ago, and though it took me a few days, I seemed to have fixed it. Then, like you, it started acting up again today.

However, as of right now, it seems to have corrected itself. Try to refresh your iTunes podcast section, and please let me know what happens.

Guest TFG1Mike

I actually thought that E-2 TS was not downloading anymore. I unsubbed then resubbed, found out 492 was the last one that was published.

Before 02.06 of DD released I had errors on iTunes for WFP, E2, TT, and DD saying that they could not be found on the server.

Since then they all seem to be fine. I already have all the WFP eps so no worries there.

Mike is right though iTunes is downloading smaller files very slow. It took 15 mins to download a different podcast I listen to a 60MB file, which was an hour and a half podcast. It should not take that damn long.