Dubs gets back into comics.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Preacher 4 - This was all side stories, focusing on the Saint of Killers and Arseface. The last story with the rednecks wasn't really needed at all, but the other two were definately interesting.

Next - Preacher 5 and Marvel Knights Spider-man, perhaps.

There are a great many books you should read before the Spider-man Marvel Knights series. I was not impressed by it.

I love Preacher though, its a fantastic book. I'd read the first two and then got my hands on the complete rest of the series and finished it in very short order.

I recent read the first Transmetropolian and really liked it, I'll definitly revisit it at some point. Spider is just crazy.

I always pimp these books- Invincible (redefines superhero genre), Walking Dead (Best zombie story in any medium), Y the Last Man (apocalyptic concept where allt he men are dead but one) and a personal favorite of mine- Sleeper. Fucked up double agent with superpowers trying to determine who he is really loyal to. Sleeper has 4 trades that tie into Wildstorm but I read the whole thing through with no background knowlage and no difficulty.

Preacher 5 - The reveal with Cassidy and Tulip just added a whole new dimension to everything. Something else I love is how great a lot of the panels are that don't have any dialouge. Just the looks that the characters have, even in the backgrounds, just little things like that are great.

Might try Y: The Last Man, as we have the whole series at my work, and I was looking at it recently.

Hmm. It looks to me like they've filled most of the backstory for everyone at this point, so I wonder what that could entail exactly. Other than expecting to figure out how Jesse lost his eye (though I have a pretty good idea).

Rising Stars 1 - Fresh take on the whole "random accident causes superhero" tale. I was a bit bothered by the opening, but things really picked up from the introduction of the new Patriot name onward. Some panels confused me here and there, but I imagine it will make sense later on.

Preacher 7 - I just started this, but I'm already pissed. SIX FUCKING MONTHS HAVE PASSED!?! He just walked away? Are you kidding me? And skimming forward a bit, Tulip and Cassidy are NOWHERE to be found in this book. What. The. Fuck.

More complete thoughts later.

Yeah, then Cassidy got a kiss from a very visibly miserable Tulip and Jesse just collapsed, ending part 6.

He didn't even make an attempt to follow them? He was gone for four weeks and that suddenly turned into six months. I severely hope that missing time isn't just told all through flashbacks because 7 issues in, that method is getting rather old.

Preacher 7 - I think I'll appreciate this more once I'm through with everything. Just the cliffhanger at the end of 6 not being touched at all really irked me. Had its moments, though.

Preacher 8 - I really should have taken count of how many times Tulip and Jesse fuck in this series. It's got to be in the dozens. Good set up for part 9, which I'm about to rip into and finish this series, finally.