Superman Returns

Missy

I trust the direction, but you still need to either go within the franchise or go outside of it, picking and choosing just makes it complex. Imagine if Batman Begins only felt that Batman, and Batman Forever counted in its continuity. Just puts too much extra work to understanding the movie.

I know I will need to pick up Superman the Movie and Superman II in order to really follow the movie, since it sounds like a plot that requires some prior understanding.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Highlander managed to boot very specific portions, if I may play devil's advocate, and it succeeds as decent.

But likewise, I'm also not a fan of Superman. And while i'm a fan of Singer, this is a completely different type of film than he has succeeded with in the past. It could be made good but I think it has an equal chance of flailing within mediocrity.

I know I will need to pick up Superman the Movie and Superman II in order to really follow the movie, since it sounds like a plot that requires some prior understanding.

Not really. All we're really going to need to know is the basics... and maybe a thing or two about... wait, that's a spoiler. Nevermind. :*

I can buy that vision of Lex Luthor, although that pose is not good for him, he should almost always have his head held high as arrogantly as possible. :)

I do not believe that's a shot from the movie. Having seen the rest of the pictures, it's more likely that Spacey is walking towards the set.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Warner Bros. pushes up "Superman Returns" release

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Warner Bros. is moving the release of its widely anticipated movie "Superman Returns" ahead by two days in a bid to boost ticket sales over the U.S. Independence Day holiday, a studio official said on Wednesday.

"Superman Returns," which stars newcomer Brandon Routh as the fabled Man of Steel, was scheduled to hit theaters on Friday, June 30, but Warner Bros. will now send it out on Wednesday, June 28, a full seven days ahead of the Fourth of July holiday.

First-run movies typically debut in theaters on Fridays, but in recent years ahead of holiday weekends, Hollywood studios have opened movies on Wednesday to take advantage of advance hype and fill theater seats during the week.

Last year, Paramount Pictures and DreamWorks opened their science fiction adventure "War of the Worlds" on the Wednesday before Independence Day and bagged $112.7 million over six days. In 2004, Sony Pictures' "Spider-Man 2" raked in $180 million in a six-day release over the same holiday.

Warner Bros. is attempting to reinvigorate an old franchise with the new film about the comic book crime fighter with superpowers. The last time a Superman movie was made was 1987's "Superman IV: The Quest for Peace" starring Christopher Reeve in the title role.

In this new version, Superman returns to Earth after a long absence only to find the love of his life, Lois Lane, has moved on. As he sorts out his personal life, an old nemesis plots Superman's demise.

Warner Bros is a unit of Time Warner Inc..

• 2 weeks later...
The article which was posted in this thread mentions such a costume, but I could have sworn it said Tim was against the cape.

A part in "An Evening With Kevin Smith" details Smith's dealings with Burton when he was signed on to do a rewrite of the script for "Superman Lives" and it is downright hysterical. Burton would have so killed this movie. I like some of Burton's work but making Superman into an H.R. Geiger bad ass would have been the absolute death of Superman. Oh and they wanted a giant spider in the film as well.

11 clips from Superman Returns

http://www.iesb.net/warnerbros2006/061306.php

Very spoiler heavy.

It gives away where he has been in at least 2 of the clips. In the rooftop scene I really thought he was Christopher Reeve at first.

****Spoilers****

In the first video it looks like the same place Lex was in during the first movie. It even has a pool just like it(the one that Supes almost died in). Also, is that Miss Teschmacher in that scene?

• 2 weeks later...