Chrono Trigger

Missy

FUCK! I finally made it to the final final final final final final final final final final final final version of Lavos, and I can fight him without getting dizzy! The shimmering green background with the constantly changing image underneath is making me ill. :grumble:

There was the outer shell which mimicked old bosses. After that I entered said shell to face the robot-ish Lavos, the one with the arms that always heal the body. Then there was the guy with the pods. That's the one that made me sick.

Is there something beyond him, or can you wind up getting a different final boss?

There was the outer shell which mimicked old bosses. After that I entered said shell to face the robot-ish Lavos, the one with the arms that always heal the body. Then there was the guy with the pods. That's the one that made me sick.

Is there something beyond him, or can you wind up getting a different final boss?

The guy with the pods is the original "true" form. He's the one you have to beat to get to the original version's best ending, assuming you

got Crono back

and did all of the side quests.

From what I've been told, there is another form known as the Dream Devourer, which is the new mega ultra final version they made for the DS version, which gets you the new best ending. He is primarily just a different version of the outer shell. I couldn't tell you how to get to him since I haven't played this version yet, but he might be a better option for you.

Success! I beat Lavos pretty easily, and got the "Beyond Time" ending.

That's the second best ending you can get on the console release. I think there is one more better for the DS version.

Now you can play Chrono Cross!